With approximately over 47,000 talented people globally and 5,400 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish to know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Due to anticipated growth, we are currently looking to engage a Senior Electrical Engineer
, to join our Brisbane office. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated and high-performing team of water professionals to deliver a range of significant projects for both public and private sector clients both locally and nationally. The Opportunity:
What we love about you:
- Work as part of a national multi-disciplinary team to deliver on project goals.
- Manage the overall scope and day-to-day tasks of multiple projects, of varying complexity and size.
- Undertake liaison with project stakeholders including clients and vendors.
- Manage the production and verification of high-quality technical documentation, that presents complex information and results effectively, to technical and non-technical clients.
- Undertake (or lead) field and desktop investigations related to the condition, appropriateness, and capacity of existing electrical infrastructure related to capital upgrades.
- Prepare detailed documentation and specification requirements for Electrical components in order to support procurement and delivery of allocated projects.
- Technical and commercial acumen with a focus on successful outcomes for our projects and our clients.
- High levels of personal integrity, and a desire for continued professional development and improvement as an engineering professional.
- Support and mentor staff, including active participation in the Mentoring Program.
- Active involvement in shaping the industry through committees, industry bodies, delivery papers etc.
- Electrical specific specialist safety knowledge/understanding (protection, arc flash, earthing, hazardous areas and machine safety principles).
- Manage the identification and resolution of project safety risks through contemporary Safety in Design methods, ensuring legislative compliance.
- Undertake all responsibilities in a safe manner.
What we will offer you:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualifications.
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ).
- Typically, 10-15 years' relevant professional experience.
- Experience working within an engineering consultancy, or in a design role for a contractor or asset owner. Experience in the Water industry is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in the development of standards, conceptual, and detailed design, and design management of Electrical infrastructure, particularly relating to the water utility sector or similar.
- Strong design background in LV and ELV electrical systems, PLC/telemetry and Instrumentation and Control.
- Ability to prepare and review technical reports on medium to large projects and ability to communicate complex technical issues to clients.
- Ability to act as a project manager, or design manager, across several projects.
- Provide technical contribution to proposals and/or pursuits.
- Consult with our clients in an effective and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, team members and peers. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role while managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion...
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities-like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.