It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
Our Global Service Business Unit is embarking on a digital transformation of its End-to-End Service Delivery model. You will lead the thinking, planning and execution of our digital transformation, platform business and technical change management activities and enable the digital transformation:
· Providing technical directions to all development teams. Contribute to and lead the definition, evolution and adherence to platform and product architecture in line with business goals
· Defining and owning the architectural design of our end-to-end digital service platform and toolchain
· Leading and managing product owners, architects and developers
· Mentoring the wider team on architectural best-practice, development techniques, principles and processes
· Translating business needs into epics, features and solutions that create and capture business value, ensuring long-term DevOps supportability
· Leading the development and maintenance of scalable and robust cloud solutions
· Researching, recommending and implementing tools as needed with the goal of continually increasing our development productivity
· Being an advocate of automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
· Maintaining exceptionally high standards of architecture, design and code quality, adhering to the architectural, security and scalability standards and polities defined and applied across SGRE
· Being enthusiastic, fearless and limitless in your ability and willingness to coach and mentor colleagues and building a strong development organization
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
Computer Science and/or Engineering
· Modern Cloud, Edge and IoT architecture
· Agile and test-driven development
· Architecting complex application landscapes using micro-services
· Leading multiple agile development teams
· Taking development from idea to MVP to scale-up and scale-out
· Consolidating legacy applications and migrating to cloud
· Anticipating organizational adoption and change management challenges
· Working in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environments
· Optimistic and inspiring
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Empowering our people
[...] do you imagine the future?
[...] global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Severely disabled applicants are encouraged to reach out to us. We have inclusive recruiting processes specifically for severely disabled persons in Germany and we do our utmost to tailor working spaces to suit your individual needs. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is a global organisation and it recognizes that its employees represent a large variety of cultures, ethnicities, beliefs and languages. This wealth of diversity is what makes Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy more innovative, creative, sensitive and committed to society. Our diversity is what makes us who we are, and we are immensely proud of that.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy believes that we all have the right to be treated with dignity and respect in the workplace regardless of our race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender, circumstances of pregnancy or parental leave, age, disability or marital status.
We seek to promote respect for the law, equality and inclusion for our employees in order to ensure that there is no discrimination by reason of race, gender, marital status, ideology, political opinions, nationality, religion or any other personal, physical or social condition.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy offers a truly flexible and inspiring place to work, with a global presence and a commitment to providing a working environment in which every employee can develop their potential and maximize their contribution.