Overview of OMV
At OMV we produce and market oil and gas, as well as chemical solutions in a responsible way and develop innovative solutions for a circular economy. With Group sale revenues of EUR 17 bn and a workforce of around 25,000 employees in 2020 (incl. Borealis), We are one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies.
In Chemicals & Materials, OMV, together with its subsidiary Borealis, is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and circular polyolefin solutions and a European market leader in base chemicals, fertilizers and the mechanical recycling of plastics. Sustainability is an integral part of OMV’s corporate strategy. We support the transition to a lower-carbon economy and has set measurable targets for reducing carbon intensity:
Sustainability: Our approach
Due to our international activities in Exploration & Production, Refining, Marketing & Trading and Chemicals & Materials we can provide interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. You can learn more about the world of OMV below:
- You will create the underlying specifications for the later 3D system planning, including all necessary framework conditions in the CAD planning tools for the contracted engineering partner for exiting and international high-tech projects
- You will supervise contracted engineering partners during the development of installation concepts for process plants, using 3D visualization for projects in the area of refining and petrochemicals
- Together with contracted engineering partners, you will be responsible to further detail the planning, in close cooperation with our project managers and project engineers, to find optimal solution concepts for the final lay-out
- In the implementation phase of projects, you will combine all sub-models of the contracted engineering partners into an overall model, check this and develop suggestions for improvement in close alignment with our Operations- and, Maintenance group and the project team
- You will be responsible for coordinating all interfaces and details in the area of 3D planning and visualization of the individual planning areas with internal and external parties
- You will safeguard appropriate plant design and layout by engineering contractors for technical investment projects by organizing 3D model reviews together with our Operations- and, Maintenance group and the project team
- You have a university degree Master/Diploma in Chemical- or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience or technical high school with at least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the area of plant design of petrochemical or refinery process plants
- You have experience in layout planning for equipment and piping, as well as implementation of planning concepts using 2-D and 3-D CAD systems (e.g. AutoCAD, PDMS, S3D, Microstation, AVEVA, HEXAGON)
- You have experience in the detailed planning of cold and warm piping systems
- You have experience in defining pipe classes and calculating pipe components as well as in performing simplified analyses of stresses in pipelines and pipe static calculations
- You have a good knowledge of the relevant standards and regulations in the area of plant construction
- You are experienced in organizing review workshops for planning teams
- You are enthusiastic, committed and have a high level of self-motivation combined with the ability to work in a team as well as independently
- You are fluent in German and English; willingness to travel
What to expect from OMV:
- We believe that we can only evolve and thrive as a company with a highly diverse mix of employees and by ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- We will encourage you to take on new responsibilities, work across different functions, become involved in new projects, as well as completing international assignments. In return, we have excellent development programs that will help you achieve your career goals and reach your potential. If energy is your life, this is your future!
What OMV can offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 70.823, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Schwechat, Austria
Learn more about why OMV is a great place to work: