OMV Refining & Petrochemicals Operations
Overview of OMV
At OMV we produce and market oil and gas, as well as chemical solutions in a responsible way and develop innovative solutions for a circular economy. With Group sale revenues of EUR 17 bn and a workforce of around 25,000 employees in 2020 (incl. Borealis), We are one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies.
In Chemicals & Materials, OMV, together with its subsidiary Borealis, is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and circular polyolefin solutions and a European market leader in base chemicals, fertilizers and the mechanical recycling of plastics. Sustainability is an integral part of OMV’s corporate strategy. We support the transition to a lower-carbon economy and has set measurable targets for reducing carbon intensity:
Sustainability: Our approach
Due to our international activities in Exploration & Production, Refining, Marketing & Trading and Chemicals & Materials we can provide interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. You can learn more about the world of OMV below:
- You will establish market intelligence and continuously screen market developments, thus identifying short-, mid- and long market opportunities
- You will be responsible for the continuous optimization of the marketing strategy for the entire sales portfolio of OMV Gas Storage of 30 TWh in a competitive environment
- You will design and implement tailor-made, profit maximizing storage solutions according to market needs, identify and explore market needs in direct contact with storage customers and capture short-term market opportunities
- As a position holder you will specify and implement appropriate pricing tools, enable real time pricing of storage products and design and implement highly automized marketing mechanisms in order to handle massively growing available capacities in near future
- You will assess market competition by continuous screening of products and capacities of all major European Storage System Operators
- You will provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term forecasts and special reports and analyses as well as tracking and reporting of macroeconomic developments with potential impact on storage business and development of strategies on how to benefit best from external developments
- You will review and implement the national and international legal framework and actively contribute at public consultations including Stakeholder Management
- You will set-up and increase the portfolio of key customers and negotiate with customers
- You have a Master / Diploma degree in Business Administration
- You have at least 10 years of relevant working experience
- You have a detailed knowledge of Gas Portfolio Management and Trading skills
- You have very good communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- You are fluent in English and German
What to expect from OMV:
- We believe that we can only evolve and thrive as a company with a highly diverse mix of employees and by ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- We will encourage you to take on new responsibilities, work across different functions, become involved in new projects, as well as completing international assignments. In return, we have excellent development programs that will help you achieve your career goals and reach your potential. If energy is your life, this is your future!
What OMV can offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 70.823, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Headoffice, Vienna
Learn more about why OMV is a great place to work: