Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - Caring - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Everyone in Boston Scientific is working hard toward one goal – transforming lives by tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With innovative products, a collaborative culture and a deep passion for human life, a career with Boston Scientific is more than just a job. It’s personal.
At Kerkrade we established the European Center of Operations. This hub includes BSC’s seconds largest tier 1 Distribution Center and we host many European supporting functions. Many of the residing teams support directly the end to end Supply Chain activities across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
As an experienced Facility Manager you will have the responsibility in leading the Kerkrade campus Facility organization.
You are expected to lead the planning, design and execution of the Kerkrade Facility Masterplan, including investments, maintenance and expansion of our site within the financial budgets. You lead a small team of Facility specialists including engineers, technicians and contractors provide site services, like catering and security. With this team you ensure the continuation of all office buildings/services/utilities.
Also in your scope will be Environment, Health and Safety Management Systems development and follow up actions in line with BSC's standards.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented facility manager with a trackrecord in navigating through a complex matrix organization. You possess deep facility knowledge with the ability to engage with key (international) stakeholders whilst simultaneously going into operational details and leading the execution of critical Facility actions.
You will report to the Vice President EMEA Supply Chain.
• Track record in leading and continuously improving Facility services, both at a strategic, tactical and operational level;
• Working knowledge of ERP systems and the broader Application Ecosystem, combined with knowledge of key business processes like EHS and Facility Maintenance systems is preferred;
• Creates a sense of energy, excitement, and personal commitment to the organization by empowering others, rewarding and celebrating superior performance, and creating an inclusive workplace;
• Experience of managing within a complex matrixed organizational structure and demonstrated capability in collaborating and influencing across such an organization;
• Demonstrated high degree of integrity, professionalism, and the ability to establish credibility;
• High sense of urgency and commitment to execution;
• Proven adaptability, comfortable with change and with a demonstrated ability to react and response to a fast-changing environment;
• Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills;
• Ability to collaborate and work across a global team;
• Proficient in English and preferable one other major European language.
Requisition ID: 499800
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.