About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Senior Fund Accountant (m/f)
- Calculation of Net Asset Value
- Calculation of tax reporting
- Auditor & Client liaison and queries
- NAV reporting
- First escalation point for Junior Fund Accountant
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparing and reviewing Net Assets Values, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review in a timely and accurate approach from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Recording and reviewing accurately, and in accordance with the Department policies and procedures, such accounting records as securities positions, corporate actions related, and journal entries from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Reconciling and reviewing various accounts, such as Custodian, Brokers, Counterparties, and promptly researching and correcting any variances from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Identifying exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices, communicating same to the first line of management (Team Leader), and assisting in their resolution.
- Responding and supporting client queries in a timely and efficient manner when required.
- Preparing and reviewing recurrent reporting for onward transmission (Internal, to the Trustees, Clients, Third Parties) and resolving any queries posed within specific timeframes in a prompt and professional manner from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Ability to use initiative in order to maintain reconciliation items at a minimum level for all accounts under responsibility.
- Carrying out duties in accordance with procedures.
- Escalate issues to the first line of management (Team Leader) that may have a significant impact on client satisfaction.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal partners ensuring appropriate service levels are met or exceeded.
- Liaising with internal and external departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, key clients and attending meetings when required.
- Communicating effectively both orally & in written form with internal departments and external bodies.
- Taking ownership with Manager(s) on various processes/projects, such as being assigned to support the lead and/or support implementing new processes in order to help the team be successful in their goals and KPIs.
- Being responsible of recertification process for BPDs, fund factsheet and client cheat sheet.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Proven understanding of multi region fund’s structures in a financial services NAV environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach
- Knowledge of the regulatory regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts, Mutual Funds and Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs).
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with the Fund Accounting team and other Internal Departments and Third Parties.
- Demonstrating analytical skills.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Sungard InvestOne would be an advantage. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word essential.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
Dës Offer ass net méi disponibel.