- Join Us. Are you ready? Go!
- Be courageous. Be different. Stand out from the crowd
- Work hard, have fun, make a difference
Allow your passion to become your purpose
As the independent consulting arm of Worley, with 3000 people in 19 countries, the work we do impacts the world around you. Advisian provides integrated strategy, management and technical consulting solutions to clients within the energy, infrastructure and resources sectors.
We have an exciting opportunity for a experienced Engineering Geologist or Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geosciences Service Line. This is a full-time role, located in Brisbane. Initially the role will be based in the Brisbane office and can transfer to a partial working from home role if necessary.
Our Geosciences Service Line comprises a professional blend of services operating state-wide, regionally and across global opportunities from front-end concept and strategy studies to detail design and operational requirements for a range of diverse mining, oil and gas, infrastructure and water supply clients. Opportunities are predominantly terrestrial with some marine based.
In this role, the key responsibilities will include:
- Pricing, programming and managing large site investigations for major energy related projects.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team and maintaining high quality reporting standards.
- Supporting the growth of the Advisian geoscience business locally, regionally and globally from our base in Brisbane by working on a wide variety of projects and a range of tasks.
- Selling, securing and delivering geotechnical inputs to internal and external clients on behalf of Advisian, including strategy and concept studies, site investigation, design, construction supervision, operational requirements and client advice.
- Delivering high quality technical work with strong commercial focus.
- Building and sustaining strong and diverse internal and external client relationships.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Proven background specifying, procuring, managing and reporting geotechnical site investigations including hands on field experience.
- A strong commitment to health, safety and the environment in all aspects of the role
- Relevant consulting experience in the design, construction site investigations.
- An ability to work as part of a small but expanding regional team
- Preferential, but not requisite experience, in sub surface modelling (Leapfrog, Surfer software).
- Demonstrable experience in the use spatial mapping and section making software and reporting tools such as gINT, GeoLogismiki.
- Experience in conducting field mapping, inspections and geohazard assessments for dams and other major infrastructure projects.
- An ability and desire to travel regionally and internationally.
- You will also need to hold an unrestricted Australian driver’s license.
Experience within the dam or tailings engineering industry, although not prerequisite, will be considered favorable.
In return we offer a great team environment and the opportunity to work with talented professionals where you can grow your career.
Why Join Us?
- We work fluidly between regional centers and support offices through ought Australia, New Zealand and PNG
- We foster a culture where our people are encouraged to seek out opportunity to grow the business and their own technical abilities and career aspirations.
- We are a large multidisciplinary engineering company with access to interesting and innovative projects around the world.
- You will work alongside other specialist engineers, scientists and professional project managers in a variety of disciplines and gain a greater understanding of what it takes to delivery major projects for our clients.
- We offer flexible and agile working arrangements.
- We offer unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth.
When you join Worley you’ll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace, and that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a diverse population of people that reflects the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations.
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration.
Worley takes personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. You can read our full Recruitment Privacy Notice Here.
Please note: no agency representation or submissions will be recognised for this vacancy.