BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. We focus on developing leading powertrain technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions, and performance. Our facilities are located across the globe to provide local support for our diverse customer base.
BorgWarner is a company of independent thinkers who share a passion for the latest vehicle technology, enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and desire to play a key role in transforming the transportation landscape.
We engage this talented group of employees with meaningful work, amazing technologies, world-class facilities, and a culture that respects diversity and rewards excellence. It’s an atmosphere that fosters personal growth and allows you to propel your career to the next level.
Role SENIOR HARDWARE ENGINEER
This position is located at BorgWarner’s Italy Plant in Lugo (RA).
The Senior Hardware Engineer will focus on motor control inverters (drives) and hi-power battery chargers hardware circuits design, both PCBAs and electrical system levels. In some projects, and in parallel to the design activity, the Senior Hardware Engineer will also take the role of project team manager.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports and coaches the internal HW team to define, design, build, and test new products across the lifecycle from initial conception to mass production
- Coordinates the development of new features with agile methodology
- Identifies and solves a broad range of problems using an analytical approach and out-of-the box thinking. Analyses new systems
- Develops and tests prototypes, proof of concept power electronic circuits and hi-power transformers following the company process and in line with the applied normative and standards
- Develops technical documentation according to the internal quality system
- Works concurrently on multiple projects/subprojects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated ability to achieve product goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- 8+ years of experience as power electronics hardware engineer. Design off 1000V 100KW range in highly structured environment
- MS in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Knowledge of GB/T 27930-2015 and of GB/T 34657-2017 and related standards
- Fluent in English
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical Engineering/Electronics/Physics/Programming fundamentals
- Deep understanding of high voltage high power Power Topologies, and components
- Deep knowledge of controls and the stability theory. Analogue/digital compensating loop design and analysis
- Experience in designing mains voltage and high frequency hi-power transformers and inductors.
- Proficient in ECAD tools: Mentor (preferred), Altium, EAGLE, KiCAD
- Circuit simulation in SPICE, PLECS, PSIM and/or equivalents
- Understanding of value engineering principles for high volume manufacturing.
- Experience in debugging/testing with lab test equipment such as oscilloscope, function generator, logic analyser, power analyser etc
- Experience partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
- Hands on soldering, surface mount soldering experience
- Ability to both mentor and learn from high-performing collaborators
- Availability to travel
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.