Vacancy Name Senior Infrastructure Engineer Department Technology Location City Buenos Aires What does the role look like? Expereo believes in the power of Internet connectivity. As the world's largest provider of managed internet, SD-WAN/SASE, and Cloud connectivity solutions, we power enterprises and government sites worldwide, helping to enhance every business' productivity with flexible and optimal Internet performance. We strive to design services and solutions to meet customers' needs and create a seamless experience across their journey.
As a trusted partner of Fortune 500 enterprises, our continued aim and success in helping both our customers and partners depends solely on the talented individuals that make Expereo a dynamic, effective, multicultural, and equitable environment.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is a member of the NOC team and reports to the Director Infrastructure Services who is based at the Expereo HQ in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of the Expereo Network Infrastructure, with a focus on the hardware that supports our customer and Expereo core network services. The infrastructure has different modules from backbone routers and switches in the HUBs using MPLS/BGP/SD-WAN to customer sites via mobile/IPSEC to office environment with firewalls and switches. Furthermore Expereo is expanding its product portfolio with other internet access based services.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer role offers a very broad and diverse function. What will you do? • Monitor all Expereo Core network elements (within Expereo HUB's);
• Analyze and act on incidents and events in the network to identify and resolve problems;
• Perform technical provisioning for all products and services that are not yet standardized or automated;
• Perform planned and proactive actions in order to keep the network (elements) and services running at the highest possible availability;
• Be the last technical point of escalation for the Infrastructure Engineers in order to resolve technical issues involving clients’ network connections and network incidents by analyzing the incident and pro-actively coordinating the repair process with providers and the team;
• Train and coach Customer Support and Infrastructure Engineers in specific technical area’s
• Administer the process of technical support accurately and share findings with colleagues;
• Collaborate in project teams for network maintenance, built-out and network design;
• Participate in product testing and create service documentation. Who are you? • Completed relevant education in ICT, Electronics, Telecommunications;
• CCNP certified or equivalent. Preferred is CCIE-R&S/CCIE-SP;
• Minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience within a NOC or Engineering environment;
• Excellent knowledge of:
o Ethernet based products, vlan tagging, QinQ, etc
o Access networking technologies (fiber, DSL, mobile, etc)
o Routers, switches (primarily Cisco), servers
o VPN solutions (public based on IPSEC/SSL or private based on MPLS and DMVPN)
o Network management systems / tools
o Routing protocols and technologies (BGP, IS-IS, EIGRP)
• Preferred Experience with SD-WAN technologies and vendors (Cisco iWAN, Silverpeak, Nuage, Viptela, etc)
• Experience with automation scripting, Linux and MS Windows operating systems;
• Preferred to have knowledge on Cloud-based architecture;
• Knowledge of DNS solutions is a plus;
• Knowledge of at least 1 scripting language - i.e. Python, Bash, PHP, Perl;
• Preferably ITIL certified;
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;. as you will regularly have to work 'blindfolded' and via the telephone to guide an engineer on location to connect or reconfigure a device;
• English language proficiency is a must; Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus;
• Team player and the ability to work under pressure;
• Analytical & precise with an eye for detail while keeping an overview;
• Creative & customer focused;
• Solid experience in coaching and training of technical staff;
• Proven hands-on skills in configuring (Cisco) network devices like routers and switches;
• Project management skills and experience working with project management methodologies;
• Able and willing to work odd hours and during weekends for incidents, repairs and new installations; you will also be required to take part in on-call and rotational shifts;
• Willingness to occasionally travel locally, within the Americas and internationally,to perform maintenance, upgrades, roll-outs and trainings.
Expereo offers a competitive package and an open, dynamic international working environment. Relocation will not be facilitated.
Expereo is an equal opportunities employer. Applications Close Date