Liberty Mutual’s purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. The promise we make to our customers throughout the world is to provide protection for the unexpected, delivered with care.
In business since 1912, and headquartered in Boston, Mass., today we are the third largest global property and casualty insurer based on 2018 direct written premium. We also rank 68th on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2018 revenue. As of December 31, 2018, we had $41.6 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
We employ nearly 50,000 people in 30 countries and economies around the world. We offer a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, specialty lines, reinsurance, commercial multiple-peril, workers compensation, commercial automobile, general liability, surety, and commercial property.
Due to the growth of our business in the region, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Internal Auditor in our Global Internal Audit Department.
- Conducts risk analysis, control identification, and independently performs assigned audit testing and concludes on the effectiveness of controls through the review of work completed by others
- Gains a thorough understanding of project management skills ensuring audit execution meet department expectations
- Effectively communicates audit issues and related recommendations to Audit and Operational management
- Makes recommendations for audit finding rankings and effectively supports conclusions during discussions with audit clients
- Demonstrates an increased technical understanding of data analysis concepts and procedures
- Effectively conducts data analysis to facilitate audit scoping and testing
- Further develops technical expertise and knowledge regarding audit methodology, insurance industry concepts as well as specific market systems and processes. Keeps pace with changing industry practices and incorporates new audit practices and approaches into assignments
- Participates and contributes to continuous process and organizational improvement direction and programs that enhance overall effectiveness; proactively seeks ways to improve audit process and department management processes
- Ensures processes under review are documented and analyzed in accordance with IIA standards and Liberty Mutual Internal Audit Methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of internal audit practices and the ability to evaluate internal controls as typically acquired through 3 or more years of audit or relevant business experience. Insurance industry knowledge a plus.
- Progress toward completing a professional designation is a plus (i.e., CIA, CISA, CPCU, CFE, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate internal controls, lead project teams, influence others, including Senior Management as well as strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must have effective analytical, problem solving, and research skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and audit software packages (ACL, Lotus, etc.)
- Experience with multiple cultures and working with remote teams is a plus.