Aragon Global Management is an investment fund active in the global equities and private markets, with a focus on the Tech, Consumer and Financials sectors. Founded in 2001 by Anne Dias, Aragon was started with initial capital from Julian Robertson of the Tiger Fund and became one of the largest hedge funds managed and started by a woman. It has received awards from Institutional Investor, The Hedge Fund Journal, and US Banker, among others. The firm has offices in New York, Chicago and Paris.
The fund is invested globally, with about half of the portfolio invested in non-US companies, and follows a fundamental investment strategy and a multi-year time horizon. More information on Aragon on our website.
Aragon is looking for a bilingual German-English Senior Investment Analyst to cover the European internet and consumer sectors and deepen Aragon's investments in Germany both in public and private equities. The position reports directly to Ms. Dias, the Founder and CEO and can be based either in the Paris office of Aragon or in Berlin, with frequent travel to Paris.
- be the lead on investments in the internet and/or consumer sectors in the public and private equities and work alongside the portfolio manager to identify, research and make investment recommendations within the sectors
- conduct deep fundamental research including a broad array of sources (company/analyst/expert calls, high frequency data etc.)
- perform detailed financial analyses, maintain a constructive management dialogue; articulate investment theses, buy/sell, and sizing recommendations
- analyze company and industry trends and data points to generate investment recommendations
- perform investment due diligence with companies and third parties to identify key mega-trends driving your sector over the next 3 years
- write and present research summaries to the portfolio manager and team
- work alongside the analyst team in the Paris and New York offices of Aragon
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in investing within a long/short fundamental hedge fund or a private equity firm, covering the consumer and/or internet sectors. We will also consider candidates with sell-side experience provided you have the mindset of an investor
- An independent thinker who can bring a different perspective on investment opportunities and have an immediate impact on the portfolio
- A wide-angle view of consumer and/or internet ecosystems
- Fully bilingual German-English. An international background and mindset. Experience working in the US or UK and/or additional languages are a plus but not a must
- A deep and established network in the consumer and/or internet sectors across companies, sell-side and buy-side ecosystems, in particular within the German (Berlin especially) technology ecosystem
- A desire to excel, to have a curious mind and to bring passion and energy to your work
- Impeccable communication skills, both in written and verbal form
- A growth mindset and a drive to always improve the investment toolkit for your sector and for the portfolio
If you join us we aim to provide you with
- the opportunity to join an investment firm with a top tier track record at launch
- the ability to have an impact on the portfolio at Day 1 launch
- a path to growing responsibilities within the firm as you succeed at Aragon
- a broad network across Europe and the US
- joining a group of like-minded curious, hard-working and ambitious colleagues.