Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
BNP Paribas Fortis Functions department is responsible to supply Support businesses of the bank (Housing & Sourcing Services (Facility Management), Branding & Communications, Compliance …) with the digital tools and functionalities they need in a fast-evolving digital world.
Our varied activities range from in-house development, integration of third-party software packages, configuration, deployment of new digital solutions, as well as lifecycle management and support of running applications. The extended number of our businesses offers a uniquely wide range of technical challenges.
In particular, this job is in the team Housing & Sourcing Services / Expertise. The team manages the technical network supporting all BNPPF buildings, with various facility management topics like access management, physical security ( video data capture, alarm monitoring, fire detection …), key management, energy monitoring, etc… As well as smart building equipment (e.g. new project Montagne Du Parc in the center of Brussels)
To sum it up, your team’s work involves technicity and technological versatility.
Your future job
You love technology, you have an extensive experience with Windows Server, as well as client/server and 3-tier solutions in the Windows ecosystem, mostly with SQL Server as a database.
You will use your skills on a daily basis to:
- Coordinate with the team and other IT departments in order to get a solution packaged, tested and deployed, first in non-production environments (Development, Test, Quality Assurance), then in production, in a predictable way and without disrupting the business (our customer). Plan, initiate and follow-up the necessary requests to infrastructure teams to ensure the delivery of end-to-end solutions in a timely fashion.
- Look for solutions, do custom scripting and/or develop (or coordinate development of) integration layers necessary to allow third-party software to be deployed in our environments.
- Manage a set of end-users applications, being a contact point for those applications lifecycle (though the Agile teamwork remains the rule and tasks can be shared freely between team members according to various constraints)
- Manage incidents on production-running software : determine the causes, escalate to proper teams, follow-up and close tickets in the agreed timeframe.
- Troubleshoot Windows-based distributed solutions, coordinate with network and infrastructure teams to re-establish the functionality or provide a workaround
- Perform and coordinate testing activities and promote DevOps practices, pushing for continuous improvement in documenting, simplifying or automating activities.
- Coordinate with the team on a regular basis in an Agile way of working, on which work items (user stories) can be delivered by each team member
- Fully comply with IT processes for requesting, testing, deploying software, as well as IT best practices and methodologies. Make sure the artifacts and evidences required in each process are provided, and enforce the team strategy, including due focus on risk management and bank compliance.
- You are asked to be on-call on a regular basis, taking turns with your team mates.
Highlight your strengths
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree or equivalent by experience
- Certificates are an asset (Windows Server, SQL Server, …)
- Language proficiency :
- very good knowledge of Dutch or French as a first language
- Good knowledge of English is necessary
- Essential IT knowledge
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016 (server roles, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, IT security, server security, etc … )
- Windows 10 & MS Office 365
- SQL Server
- Windows Batch scripting (cmd / powershell)
- Network architecture (firewalls, proxies, dns aliases, segmentation …)
- Job Scheduling / Windows Scheduled Tasks / Ctrl-M
- File Servers / NAS / SAN / File Transfers / Message Queues
- IT knowledge that can be an asset
- .NET development
- Essential Soft skills
- Teamwork : you bring ideas and provide feedback to the team
- Adaptability : you have a positive mindset and look for how to make the best of a situation
- Ability to deliver / Results driven : you look for quality and efficiency
- Client focused: you can discuss and challenge requirements, while always looking for improvement
- Ability to share / pass on knowledge: you are good on documentation, good on communication
- Creativity & Innovation / Problem Solving: you have an “every problem has a solution“ - mindset
- Analytical ability : you can troubleshoot, can investigate, can also consolidate information
Your future workplace
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more? Listen to Luciné , Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!