Launched in 2013, ManoMano is Europe's leading marketplace for DIY, home improvement and gardening online.
Co-founded by Philippe de Chanville and Christian Raisson, ManoMano brings together the largest offer of DIY & gardening online products: electricity, plumbing, hardware, frames, indoor and outdoor furniture, tools, etc.
With more than 3500 seller partners and 5 million products, ManoMano operates in 6 markets (France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom).
Thanks to the success of our fundraising (311 million euros to date), ManoMano now has more than 600 Manas & Manos spread across our 4 offices in Paris (x2), Bordeaux and Barcelona. With a quarter of international staff (24 different nationalities), ManoMano is a real melting pot reflecting our European ambitions. The team is also distinguished by its young and very dynamic spirit with an average age of 31.
Proud to be part of the Next 40 since 2019 (top 40 French startups), we have the ambition to be the n°1 destination for home improvement in Europe.
Joining ManoMano is a great professional and personal experience. It is an ideal environment to put your skills to work on innovative projects on a European scale.
Because people, and especially employees, are at the heart of ManoMano's culture, we are renowned for the optimal working conditions we offer.
Have a look at our Blog : [...] MISSIONS
The Acquisition feature team is in charge of driving as much traffic as possible on ManoMano, through both paid (Ads & Affiliation) and free (SEO) channels.
As part of the team, you will improve our existing data processing pipelines and also contribute to creating new pages and services to help us boost our visibility and traffic. Your role will extend beyond development as you will also be in charge of deploying and monitoring the production environment, with continuous improvement in mind.
Your challenges : build performant applications, handle huge volumes of data under high load and have strong technical skills to offer the best user experience in a cost efficient way.
Your future team : currently 4 Developers + 1 Lead + 1 Product Manager
25 feature teams in January 2021 and expect to grow x2 in next year
Agile mindset is there since the birth of Manomano
3 offices: Paris, Bordeaux and Barcelona
Language for writing is English; speaking is english by default or french, spanish, german...
As a Backend Developer you will be involved in :
- Analyzing, designing and developing new features with a high level of quality.
- Learning through the sharing of good practices.
- Ensuring optimal test coverage.
- Working in CD/CI.
- Following your metrics in order to improve the product during the next iterations.
- We expect you to :
- Hold an Engineering Degree
- Have at least 5 years experience as Backend Developer
- Be proficient in Java 8, 11, Lambda functions, SpringBoot, Hibernate, JPA
- Have a high understanding of Micro-services Architecture : DDD, SOLID, Distributed Systems architecture.
- Have knowledge in Restful API
- Know about queuing (RabbitMQ, Kafka ...)
- Know about relational Databases SQL (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, PLSQL)
Still there ? :-)
- Database Migrations
- Have previous experience in AWS Cloud.
- Have knowledge in Monitoring, Alerting
- Have working experience in Gitlab, JIRA and Slack.
- Know about Unit Testing, Acceptance Testing, Integration Testing
- Be fluent in english
NICE TO HAVE
- Java Reactive, WebFlux
- Kotlin or GO
- NoSQL (mongoDB, Cassandra, sqlite, etc)
- Performance optimizations in Databases
- CI/CD Automation
- K6 Load Testing
- Platforms as a Service (Kubernetes, ECS, Docker Swarm)
What we can offer you at ManoMano
- Fast growing start-up environment
- International & agile company
- 3 days per week work from home - 7 weeks holidays
- Sponsorings to external conferences - organisation of internal and external Meetups
- Crafternoons every Thursday afternoon (share your knowledges, learn from others)
- Amazing work environment in Paris 17th, Barcelona & Bordeaux
- Health insurance
- Restaurant card (56% at ManoMano charge)
- 50% off annual commun transport
If all the above rings a bell, it probably means that we are meant to meet each other ! Please get in touch.« So, come and plant the seeds of your success and gather the fruits of your labour »