About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Maintain / improve reliability objectives across the layers of our application from business logic to infrastructure.
- Codify and rollout shared tooling and process to enable development teams to stay agile while improving non-functional requirements such as system availability, security, performance and maintainability.
- Collaborate closely with a team of SRE Engineers.
- Participate in operation support including production on-call rotation.
- Collarborate with the wider Engineering teams on new requirements with a focus on how to operate these well in production.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Mindset to automate everything or at least make it self-service.
- Excellent knowledge of modern automation principles, for example IaC and GitOps.
- Distributed system knowledge applicable to a microservice architecture.
- Breadth of knowledge – operating systems, networking, distributed computing, cloud
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch.
- Public cloud management experience – e.g. AWS with Hashicorp Terraform
- Container Management and container orchestration experience – Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience managing and/or developing applications using JVM based languages such as
- Good practical knowledge with SQL/RDBMS, PostgreSQL preferred.
- In-Depth knowledge in monitoring and alerting tools: DataDog, PaperDUty
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX.
- Strong scripting skills – Python and Bash.
- Strong understanding and practice Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
- Practical knowledge with Git flow, Trunk and GitHub flow branching strategies.
- Strong English communication skills.
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience!
To view more information, visit mox.com.