Jampp is the growth platform of choice for on-demand apps worldwide: we unlock programmatic advertising to drive incremental performance. A demand-side platform (DSP) at heart, the technical challenges we face every day are huge : from processing over 1 million auctions per second in less than 40ms each, to efficiently storing over 150TB of events’ data daily , to continuously choosing the optimal price level for 300+ campaigns spending several million dollars every month in a constantly changing market, there’s never a boring day at Jampp!
We know our algorithms and predictions are top-notch but we need your help to take us to the next level. As a Machine Learning Engineer , your job will be to act as a link between Data Science and the rest of the technical teams to quickly prototype and build real-time data serving solutions at a massive scale.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You’ll be working with our Data Science (in charge of the bidding strategy), data engineering and software engineering teams to design, prototype, and build scalable distributed systems that will be used to enhance the machine learning platform we have.
Your goal will be to bridge the gap between the theoretical models and the cold, harsh realities of high-performance computation. Your daily tasks will include:
- Designing & prototyping solutions to some of the thorniest data availability problems in the industry.
- Fleshing out the technical requirements of different projects, communicating them to the rest of the Technology teams and taking ownership of their execution.
- Learning about our predictive models & optimization algorithms, challenging their assumptions, and helping us improve their performance continuously.
- Teaching the team about best practices regarding coding & database querying.
- Adapting standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments
- Working in a self-sufficient, autonomous manner; striving through ambiguity
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a sense of responsibility and ownership over the product: you naturally strive to make yourself useful to the team and think of improvements.
- You are smart, humble, and have a willingness to learn and teach.
- You are able to work both independently as well as in cooperation with others
- You are nimble and enthusiast about providing a different point of view
- You feel comfortable interacting and coordinating with other teams leading execution.
- You excel at writing well-structured, production-ready code to support your work.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
At Jampp we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds and skills as we believe that the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
We know we are asking for a lot of competences, but none of these is a must-have; the more you present, the better, but we will be happy to train you on what is necessary.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or any other STEM field.
- Development & maintenance experience with data streaming & messaging technologies, such as ZeroMQ, Kinesis, Apache Druid or others.
- Proven experience in database querying, be them SQL or no-SQL.
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging, preferably in Python.
- Knowledge of any of the following Python libraries is a bonus: pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, lightgbm, and cython.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Build up your resumé working with a leading company in the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!