About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Contract & Supplier Management
- Tracking and reporting of all the Bank’s technology Professional Services contracts and suppliers working in collaboration with stakeholders
- Develop and manage relationship of strategic vendors that deliver IT Professional services to the Bank, which may involve cross-functional teams and multiple lines of business.
- Act as the primary liaison between strategic suppliers and the bank – facilitate meetings and communications between vendors and stakeholders to drive the best outcome for the Bank.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of vendors and contracts through proactive engagement and on-going management and segmentation of contracts to enable implementation of key controls, risk mitigation and performance management in accordance to the service levels and contractual terms and conditions.
- Preparation and review of Supplier Tear Sheet to be used by senior leadership team members when meeting with suppliers.
- Support business efficiency programmes, cost savings initiatives and other contract or supplier rationalisation as part of transformation or continuous improvement to drive best value for the service.
- To ensure that all arrangements supported by the team conform to Group Key Risk Owner Standards as defined in the Third-Party Risk Management Standards.
- Support all audits (internal & external) & regulatory reviews and assist Risk and Compliance teams to follow-up on audit observations for closure in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Country Technology Manager, Group Compliance & Country Compliance, as and where necessary to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations as advice by Country Compliance & Group Compliance.
- Adherence to the group Third Party Risk Management policies and standards throughout the lifecycle of vendor contracts
- Tracking and reporting of strategic vendor management activities, including spend analysis and quarterly balanced score cards
- Coordinate and execute programmes and procedures to ensure proper documentation is completed and implemented for high criticality contracts in adherence to the Bank’s policies on vendor risk management and to meet regulatory requirements, e.g. annual due diligence, compliance audits, etc.
- Provide guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations as required by the business.
- Management and reporting of compliance to contract milestones.
- Work closely with the Contract Manager or service owner(s) to address the supplier issues, if the agreed deliveries are not met as per the terms of the contract
- Manage the contract change procedures, interfacing with Global Supply Chain Management and Group Legal as necessary.
- Collaborate with Global Category Managers for negotiation and extension or renewal of the current contracts and its volume-dependent price elements
- Monitor delivery of contractual obligations, working with Supply Chain Management, Legal & Compliance and other SCB functions as appropriate to resolve commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope via commercial governance.
- Supports delivery of contract management as required in governance meetings; providing contract management-related tracking, measurement and dashboard consolidations; liaising with financial team for financial reporting matters;
- Coordinating involvement of Supply Chain Management or Legal counsel as directed; monitoring and seeking ways to improve team efficiency, effectiveness and impact; recording ideas for improving processes and procedures; and interacting with and directing day-to-day contract related delivery issues.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Desired education – Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- Experience - 8 to 10 years with Commercial, Finance, Sales, Procurement/Supply Chain, Contract Management and/or IT project delivery background with proven track record of managing IT contracts or suppliers
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Experience in stakeholder management internally and externally with suppliers in complex business environment
- Good commercial acumen and negotiation skills to influence and align demands, drive change and deliver the results.
- High integrity, self-motivated and ability to identify problems, contribute, propose solutions and follow-up diligently towards resolution.
- Team player and able to learn quickly and work effectively across multiple organisations in a global team.
- Sound knowledge of technology sourcing and contracting methodology
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, SharePoint
- Preferably with some level of familiarity with IT environment, emerging technologies and IT standards, policies and procedures and project management framework.
- Able to perform analysis and reports, and develop plan to address challenges, opportunities and synergies with a strategic mindset for the various lines of business as an Enterprise.
- Third Party Risk management skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.