About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Accountable Products: FX, NDF’s ,Cross Currency Swaps, Interest Rate Swaps, TRF’s, CDS, Total Return Swaps, FX Options, Electronic executions like Markit Wire, RTNS, Commodities Etc.
- New and Amended Trade Validation
- Trade Life Cycling – Derivative Fixings / Option exercises
- Reconciliation and Exception Queue Management
- Query, Investigation and Escalation Management
- First point of contact for Financial Market Trading Desks/COO’s/Business Managers and Ops Senior Management providing expert knowledge in various operational duties
- Business partner to peer operational groups (e.g. Validation & Assurance, Collateral Management & Settlements, CCP Operations)
- Manage and handle client escalations
- Implementation of enhancements to processes/procedures, including test packs, operational presentations, and roll out plans
- Continuously seek to improve the existing processes and creating efficiencies in to maximize capacity of the team
- Staff performance management, with responsibilities in appraisal and compensation, training and development
- Workflow & resource distribution of group to facilitate the team to service internal and external regional clients in relation to operational procedures.
- Design, implement and maintain relevant KCI and escalation policy.
- Drive strategic initiatives and location strategy
- Ensure all controls are applied including those defined in the Operational Risk Framework
- Liaison with Internal and External audit
- Middle Office representative for monthly Service Review Meetings
- Oversight on product specific end to end workflow
Our Ideal Candidate
- At least 9 - 10 years of relevant experience
- Product knowledge on Derivatives, Fixed Income, FX, Money Market and Commodities
- Experience of working within treasury function in trade verification or matching or settlements.
- Team Management
- Operational Risk Management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.