Requisition ID 95250 - Posted 01/06/2021 - Operations/Production/Manufacturing - Asia - India - Gujarat - Bharuch - Full-Time - Permanent
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services. The company is focused on making packaging that is increasingly light-weighted, recyclable and reusable, and made using a rising amount of recycled content. Around 50,000 Amcor people generate US$13 billion in sales from operations that span about 250 locations in 40-plus countries. NYSE: AMCR; ASX: AMC
Responsible for meeting production schedules and standards, producing product in accordance with applicable customer requirements, and maintaining optimum production at the least possible cost while adhering to all Amcor safety requirements. Lead and Manage shift supervisors and operators by providing training, planning, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directs the manufacturing and material handling activities.
- Effectively manages the work schedule within the department to prevent idle time and provides for the optimal use of personnel, machinery, and material. This includes the proper use of any established work standards
- Maintains standards of quality to meet customer and internal specifications. Strives for continuous improvement in quality performance through proper training, good communication, effective leadership/supervision, and follow-up with all members of the shift.
- Ensure compliance of activities as required by various audits including ISO:9001 (2008), FSSC22000, BRC IOP, OHSAS 14000
- Maintains safe working conditions throughout the plant by taking corrective action on unsafe conditions or acts. Serve as a key member of the Plant Safety Committee. Implements all approved safety recommendations, and insures compliance with established safety standards, including lockout/tagout, hearing conservation, and other programs required by law and/or management.
- Support OHSE Manager in implementing Safety standards in production process.
- Ensures employees are performing tasks in accordance with safety policies. Trains and supervises employees in these activities; administers plant rules and procedures; recommends employees and candidates for hire, promotion, demotion, transfer, disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Effectively handles employee complaints, suggestions, questions, and conflicts in accordance with company policies/procedures. Maintains employee morale and discipline through fairness and impartiality.
- Assists in the review of labor and manufacturing costs as they relate to production. Analyzes, pursues, and recommends methods for reducing these costs.
- Coordinates the implementation of any approved material or method changes. Responsible for communicating these changes to production personnel and follows-up to insure understanding and proper implementation.
- Keeps updated with current technical developments and changes, in order to appraise or make recommendations to management and supervisors and to instruct and train employees.
Knowledge and Experience
- 10- 14 years of experience in flexible packaging industry.
- Experience should include supervision of a work group, management of quality systems, computer software experience, including data base management, and technical expertise in process control; strong oral and written communications skills, knowledge of ISO Standards.
Education and Certifications
- Graduation or Post Graduation in Science / engineering or related Diploma / Degree. Professional qualitification in Printing and packaging preferred.