Senior Manager, Sales Engineering
Who are we?
As the world’s largest data center company, Equinix brings global leaders the power of interconnection: the ability to connect in many ways to the many customers, partners and geographies they need to accelerate business performance and craft new opportunities. Equinix is a platform for innovation, growth and leadership.
We facilitate more than 380,000 connections among our 9,000+ customers, making us the leading global interconnection platform. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
The Senior Manager, Sales Engineering is responsible for leading a team of pre-sales engineers and a Sales Administrator across Australia, whose role is to be the technical stewards for our customers, and design colocation and interconnection solutions leveraging Equinix products and services. The Sales Engineers are the evangelist for all established Equinix products and services, ranging from traditional colocation through to networking and cloud connectivity products such as Equinix Connect and Equinix Cloud Exchange.
This role is to provide leadership over the team, guide their “true north”, foster a culture of proactivity, collaboration and accountability, and support the growth and development of the team to ultimately drive both non-recurring and recurring sales for the Australian business. In addition, this role will be responsible for broader sales administration and sales operations functions as needed, and will be supported by a Sales Administrator within the team.
Team Leadership and Strategy
- Provides leadership and direction to a team of individual contributors
- Aligns with sales leadership's vision, strategy and objectives
- Assists in shaping and developing the team's strategy
- Coaches team on on-going skills development and selling, or technical sales support behaviours
- Creates spirit of collaboration, engagement, and sharing of best practices
- Leads team through change
- Ensures team adoption of relevant tools available for more efficient business management
- Provide guidance and support on solution design, ensuring best use of Equinix resources including data centre capacity
Sales Leadership & Acumen
- Assists in building the business objectives and technical sales expertise levels for the local team
- Interacts with customers at the C-level/SVP level and makes a difference in strategic deals
- Responsible for the team's support structure design and proposal of technical solutions
- Owns and manages all escalations to senior leadership for critical matters
- Able to accurately convey business concepts to the team
- Track, monitor and cultivate opportunities with a specific focus on Equinix Infrastructure Services (EIS)
Employee Management & Team Health
- Assists in providing leadership and direction for the team to ensure overall success
- Optimizes resources within team
- Responsible for all hiring decisions and activities, compensation, quarterly conversations, performance counseling, onboarding, coaching and career development
- Assists in driving accountability for the performance and results of direct reports
- Supports and shapes individual career development
- Assists in shaping and promoting positive team dynamics
Collaboration and Communication
- Develops and continues to grow relationships with internal teams to ensure proper flow throughout the opportunity to implementation lifecycle
- Creates a positive environment for their team to thrive. Puts “we” before “me”
- Develops and continues to grow communication and presentation skills for the team
- 7+ years customer facing experience in related industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or IT preferred
- Experience with running of projects / project management
- Experience with leading teams / managing staff
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues, thorough knowledge of company products, all potential applications and associated technologies.
- Familiarity with document production and publication
- Competency in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat and other business tools
- Basic CAD proficiency
Are you interested? We are interested in learning more about you.
You can also check out our YouTube page to find out more about us: [...] Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing organisational needs.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.