Ideas change the world. Help us change the way the world manages them.
- To design, install, administer and optimize CPA Global Infrastructure equipment’s, services and related components that directly or indirectly impact CPA Global SaaS product offerings on public cloud and /or private cloud.
- Ensuring that the environments are maintained to agreed and defined service level and security standards.
- Defining and implementing strategy for service improvements and DevOps best practices like CI/CD throughout the lifecycle of an application.
- Drive Analysis, Design and Delivery of quality technical solutions, projects in line with product roadmaps, customer expectations, and internal priorities.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities
- Establish & Maintain DevOps practices and automation for continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) throughout the product development lifecycle while building support for continuous testing and configuration management to enable zero downtime deployment.
- Collaborate with product managers, professional support, engineering teams, development teams and security engineering teams to design, architect and implement solutions for continuous integration, testing, delivery and deployment with accurate estimates, timelines and operational requirements for existing hosted products on public or private cloud environments as single-tenant or multi-tenant solutions, ensuring are in line with CPA Global’s technology strategy and roadmap.
- Lead and guide the design, development of reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts and update as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines and availability of the product.
- Anticipate, identify, mitigate, and resolve issues relating to client facing systems or services and application operation in conjunction with relevant teams . Establish requirements, methods and procedures to plan and execute ongoing routine maintenance tasks through automation where possible within infrastructure, application and cloud services.
- Contributes to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risks, cost vs benefits and impacts on departmental processes and goals.
- Ensure adherence to existing CPA Global policies, processes and standards including but not limited to Incident Management, Change Management etc. and assist in defining or creation of any missing DevOps and quality guidelines, operation manuals, processes and standards.
- Manage product release planning lifecycle including verification of the functionality of components and services to ensure deployment meets client’s expectations, integration components and security baselines. Build towards automated deployment processes using CI/CD and configuration management technology solutions.
- Deploy and decommission client environments for multi and single tenant hosted applications following and updating as needed established processes and procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of the systems and applications, including review of system and application logs and verifying the completion of scheduled jobs.
- Lead the technical evaluation and selection process for improving performance, monitoring, gap analysis, predicting trends for system performance, capacity, efficiency, and reliability and recommend enhancements in order to better meet client SLAs and standards.
- Ensure all products are maintained to latest security standards, participates in vulnerability assessment exercises, conducts threat landscape analysis, logs are monitored continuously and maintains updated documentation.
- Participation in on-call Out of Hours Support, working closely with vendors, suppliers and development teams to resolve issues and restore failed client facing services as quickly as possible.
- Enhance and subsequently verify data protection and disaster recovery capabilities through regular service restore tests in accordance to CPA Global policies and processes.
- Remain informed on regional laws, trends and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices, ensuring this knowledge is communicated and shared with the infrastructure service managers as appropriate.
- Provide technical skillsets for development and operations related projects and be involved in technical planning and / or execution activities.
- Engage in bid management process for new client acquisitions, product evaluation by prospect clients, security audits and assessments.
- Cost and spend planning against budget.
Key Skills and Experience
- Background in working in medium to large, expanding global companies, with the confidence and ability to communicate at all levels .
- At least seven (7) years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical position responsible for managing multitenant SaaS software products in public or private cloud with CI/CD, preferably Amazon AWS including design, implementation, automated product release through deployment pipelines, testing, support and project management .
- Comfortable and confident when speaking with clients as a technical expert.
- Experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying applications/systems using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments, preferably Amazon AWS. Knowledge of Microsoft Azure is an advantage
- Excellent understanding of technical architecture design techniques, theories, principles and practices with knowledge on broad range of hardware and software products or Amazon AWS cloud services.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding for use, deployment and management of Amazon AWS services for SaaS products, including but not limited to VPC, EC2, Containers, S3, ELB, RDS, Route53, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, WAF, HSM/KMS, IAM, Code Commit, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, Elastic Bean Stalk, Cloud Trail, API Gateways and other Amazon AWS development and management tools.
- Excellent knowledge of CI/CD automation tools and components like Cloud Formation, AWS Code, Puppet, Jenkins, Selenium, Bit Bucket, Bamboo, Ansible, Nagios.
- Proficient with working in agile software development environments, conducting analysis and programming skill sets - preferably working knowledge on two or more programming languages – Java, C#, Python, etc.
- Proficient and very good understanding of Windows Servers and Linux variants (CentOS and Debian).
- Proficient understanding of Webserver technology – IIS and TomCat.
- Proficient understanding of Networking concepts like Routing, SNMP, Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancing, VPNs, Caching utilizing products including those from but not limited to Cisco, F5, Fortinet, Brocade, etc. as on prem or virtual appliances.
- Good familiarity & understanding of SQL and Oracle databases
- Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools. Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting using tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- Proficient understanding of hypervisor solutions - VMware, vCenter and vSphere
- Proficient understanding of SAN & NAS technologies.
- Proficient in operation, configuration and administration of Data Centre Operations
- Ability to administer common services like DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/AD etc
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to an evolving environment
- Desire to conform to and lead development of best practices
- Logical, methodical approach to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
"The long term success of our business relies on our people feeling a part of what we're doing. Together, let's take the right steps to building a strong corporate culture." Simon Webster CEO.
I f you have any queries please reach out to our recruitment team at this address: email@example.com
Posted 15 Days Ago
Empowering our people to change the world.
Working with the world's leading IP management and technology company means having a career that is going places.It's so much more than a job. It's a chance to put your talents to work and be a valued member of our global team.
When you're dealing with ideas that can change the world, your agility and ability to align yourself to next generation IP services will be vital. It means buying into our culture of collaboration, innovation and empowerment.
We welcome people who see things differently. Who can champion new ways of thinking. Who pioneer pro-active solutions for our customers’ needs.
Wherever you are, whatever your role, if you have the ambition to progress we will support you to make that happen.