20 years of untapped data waiting to be explored! The digital revolution is changing everything, especially in pharmaceuticals, and Novartis has embraced a bold strategy to drive a company-wide digital transformation. With this mission, we have setup a Data as a Service (DaaS) team at Novartis Hyderabad, which is working with the Chief Digital Office (CDO), Novartis Business units and industry leading technology partners, to drive the execution of Novartis’ data strategy, turning its rich data resources into real strategic assets to drive actionable insights across the organization. This ambition is one of key pillars in the broader digital transformation happening at Novartis to be a ‘medicines and data science company.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Bring deep domain understanding in at least one of the following areas – a) Pharma R&D, b) Manufacturing, Procurement and Supply Chain and c) Marketing and Sales.
• Drive implementation of enterprise wide data strategy by applying the enterprise data services through an aligned operating model with CDO (Chief Digital Office) and IT and enable execution of specific business use cases
• Define and shape specific data/ analytics use cases by working closely with stakeholders in Novartis business domains. Build trusted partnership with the stakeholders and champion the value of clean and linked data
• Provide technical leadership in data management to the team and be able to roll up sleeves to perform hands on technical work as needed. Can act as a hands-on engineer in curating data, onboarding data assets to the FAIRification process and managing data quality and standards.
• Manage quality and consistency of NBS CONEXTS data services delivery to all stakeholders
• Ensure compliance with GMP and regulatory requirements and continuous improvement of quality relevant processes within area of responsibility
• Adopt AGILE ways of working and manage quality and consistency of data services delivery to all stakeholders.
Senior Manager Data Solutions
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Ability to drive large scale execution of enterprise wide data strategy by applying the standardized Data Management approach aligned to FAIR data principles
• Ability to act as technical specialist in data engineering & management
• Ability to bring strong domain understanding and pharma knowledge to ensure high quality data services
• Ability to promote cultural change towards building a more data-centered organization
• Ability to work in cross cultural teams, provide servant leadership to AGILE teams at the global level, engage with senior stakeholders and drive decision making
• Experience with Semantic Web and Ontology standards
• Masters/ PhD in Computer sciences/ IT or other quantitative sciences
• 7+ years of experience in global company as data steward, engineer, modeler, data scientist
• Understanding of data modeling (conceptual, logical and physical), understanding of semantic modelling and graph databases.
• Experience on data wrangling including Ingestion, Unification, Anonymization, Search, Master & Meta Data Management and Governance
• Experience in working with ETL process and programming skill for data preparation and analysis
• Foundational understanding of big data ecosystem, knowledge of AWS, Azure stack, NLP would be an advantage.
• Business understanding of pharmaceutical industry and data standards. Proven track record in at least one of the following areas – a) Pharma R&D, b) Manufacturing, Procurement and Supply Chain and c) Marketing and Sales. Experience in working in Pharma / Life Science industry strongly preferred
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
\#LI-NOV = Novartis
Novartis Ireland Limited