The Senior Manager, Research and Information Alerts will assist with developing and be responsible for implementing a strategy for research and information alerts in line with the strategy of the Firm and the Knowledge function. Be the contact point and lead for the Firm for research and information alerts working closely with the Partners and Business Development, Marketing & Communication (BDMC) function and be responsible for ensuring the Firm's research and information alerts are fit for purpose and meets the ongoing and changing needs of the business and our clients. Lead and ensure the development, implementation, management and review of global legal and business research and information alert standards and best practice. Provide functional management of the Service Owner for Research and Information Alert services.
- Builds and nurtures strong, strategic relationships with Knowledge Partners and Lawyers, the Director of Knowledge, Markets & Research, Regional I&R Leads and Managers, the Information Product Management lead, and the Knowledge Service Owners and Specialists.
- Partners with the Service Owner for Research & Information Alert services to design and deliver world-class research and information alert services globally, including its use for thought leadership and trends spotting.
- Oversees and supports the delivery of timely access to relevant legal and business information, supporting lawyers to deliver sound legal advice and support for clients while mitigating loss and risk.
- Cultivates responsive, positive and productive relationships, delivering value through effective communication with stakeholders and key relationships, and promotes the Knowledge brand and I&R services firm-wide.
Know ledge & Expertise
- Working closely with the Regional I&R Leads and Service Owner for Research and Information Alert services, shapes and steers the I&R services offered, promoting the role and functionality of the Firm's research and resources.
- Leads development and promotion of global and regional research policies, standards and guidelines, and best practice, including procedures for handling research enquiries to and from in-market I&R staff through the Center research teams in a timely and effective manner.
- Provides expert input into scope of research and information alert services and service catalogues, identifying which services may be reallocated to other groups or reduced/cancelled, in alignment with Knowledge and Firm strategies, ongoing needs of the business and lawyers and industry best practice and market developments.
- Oversees and supports the delivery of research training plans, including tailoring training to educate specific groups and meet specific needs.
- Implements plans with internal clients to incorporate their business focus and information needs, and coordinating this across the region.
- Oversees the provision of information and research within the context of industry thinking, demonstrating mastery and ongoing development of technical and professional knowledge relevant to the business and complex issues.
- Effective leadership and functional management of Service Owner for Research and Information Alert services and such other I&R roles as needed from time to time. Engages in coaching, mentoring and support of Research staff, to assist in achieving strategic goals.
- Acts as internal champion for Knowledge, I&R and information and research services and solutions, ensuring all I&R staff and lawyers engage with them effectively.
- Supports, promotes and participates in developing and implementing strategic plans, reflecting Firm's goals. Aligns Research team goals with I&R and PG goals, managing resources, and evaluating service use. Reports on use and advises on resource management and time allocation.
- Contributes substantively to the delivery of the Information & Research services as required.