Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
As a Senior Manager, Data Science at PayPal, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will act as a business consultant to drive recommendations and implement solutions that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all by collaborating with a global team of colleagues across sales, operations, product, data science, and finance in an environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
- Developing the strategy, goals and roadmap for your team, adjusting as necessary in response to the evolving needs of a dynamic and fast-paced industry
- Leading a team of data scientists in the planning and delivery of analytic projects from start to finish
- Providing mentorship, training, and career development to junior members of the team
- Presenting strategy proposals, program updates and complex research findings to senior leadership in a clear and compelling manner that influences and inspires action
- Using modeling and analytics to understand how business decisions impact our bottom line. This may include assessing risks of new products, determining fraud policies, or identifying inefficiencies in existing operations.
- Ensuring the team is delivering on our KPIs by using various tools to monitor portfolio performance, identify improvement opportunities, and share findings and enable a cross functional team to execute on it
- Developing hypotheses and set up your own problem frameworks to test for the best solutions. You will also scope the operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts, and monitor the success of your solutions.
- Leveraging data analysis tools and technologies. For example, using machine learning to determine how we identify fraud.
- Creating new solutions rooted in empathy and research that assist all customers as they work to better manage their finances.
- Collaborating in a team environment. As part of our crew, you will learn to energetically rally diverse groups in pursuit of a common goal.
The Ideal Candidate Is
- Strategic Leader – You quickly can identify and prioritize only the most important initiatives for your team, removing distractions, and ensuring that your team’s goals align with those of the broader organization.
- Innovative & Curious - You have the desire and ability to connect and empathize with our customers. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and get excited about creating new businesses and reinventing current ones. You ask why, explore, and bring your unique perspective to the table.
- Analytical & Action-Oriented - You are data driven and outcome focused. You grow comfortable with ambiguity, fueled by a hunger to learn and constantly seeking out new challenges. You have a desire to act, try new things, and sometimes fail. You persevere but know when to change course and are up for juggling multiple deliverables.
- Collaborative & Team-Oriented - You always keep the people around you in the loop and are excited to communicate complex ideas clearly to make sure your co-workers understand the “why” behind their work and their key priorities. You help other teams and individuals grow, develop and be successful.
- Inclusive - You will empathize with those around you and care about their success, as you bring people together around what’s possible.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- At least 7 years of work experience in analysis or consulting
- At least 2 year of people management experience
- Experience managing projects from end-to-end
- Experience with or willingness to learn data extraction, analysis, and visualization tools such as SQL, R, Python, Tableau
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.