As the Verification Lead for Secure Microcontroller products, you will be part of NXP’s “Secure Transactions & Identification” business, which delivers cutting-edge security technology for Secure IoT devices, contactless banking cards, ID cards, and similar applications. A commitment to on-time delivery and strong focus on design quality and robustness is the foundation of all we do. The team is involved in all aspects of the design process, from product specification through design implementation and pre-silicon verification, to post-silicon validation and customer support.
Objectives & Deliverables:
- You will be responsible for the pre-silicon verification of Secure Microcontroller products, leading a team of digital verification engineers for the verification of digital IP subsystems and SoC top Level.
- Responsible for the verification at subsystem level and SOC top level.
- Interface to HW and SW design teams, as well as to architecture and system engineering teams, to understand functionality and application of the IP subsystem / SoC / system.
- Define the verification strategy as a function of system architecture, use cases, technology- and schedule constraints.
- Develop, debug, and run the test environment for different platforms (RTL, Emulation, …)
- Define and code test cases in an appropriate verification framework, and debug these test cases on the design models (RTL, Power aware RTL, Gate Level, FPGA, Emulation platform) and on silicon.
- Define goals for the verification coverage, implement appropriate methods to monitor the verification coverage, and enhance the test cases until coverage goals are met.
- Interface to validation teams and product engineering teams for silicon correlation and debug.
- Expertise in design verification with state-of-the-art verification frameworks.
- Proficient in the languages and tools used for test case development.
- Deep understanding of directed and constrained random verification methodology.
- Knowledge and experience of formal verification methodologies, assertions, etc …
- Solid understanding of SoC architectures and functionality.
- Experience in software development and debugging for embedded CPUs.
- Experience with debugging of designs pre and post-silicon, in simulation and on the bench.
- Track record in leading teams in the digital design and verification domains.
- Experience with smart card architectures or security controllers would be a plus.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, with 8+ years of experience.
- Rigorous and methodical with strong analytical skills
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to verify and debug on different platforms and abstraction levels.
- Tenacity in tracing and finding problems, with attention to detail
- Ability to question and identify weaknesses in specifications, tool environments, etc.
- Good team player with the ability to coach your team members and to work across functional teams and sites.