Objective of Job
Ensure ongoing performance of Retail Credit Region Team within credit rules, corporate guidelines and legal requirements, develop proper credit standards, tools and processes for local markets, with an objective to effectively accomplish performance targets & credit results as well as provide excellent service towards dealers at all times.
1. Management (standard item for position with leading role)
The management, motivation and development of staff using HR tools, founded on our mission statement & corporate values, and provision of purposeful internal communications in order to achieve the agreed objectives.
Ensuring that the necessary training appropriate to the needs of individual employees and the tasks assigned to them is provided.
Informing subordinated employees about the relevant provisions and instructing them to comply with the provisions. Ensuring that they are implemented properly.
2. Daily business operations management
Managing of daily credit applications and operations of department including handling of new retail credit applications. Development and implementation of solutions to watch list and problem credits.
3. Credit approval management
Conduct credit approvals within assigned credit approval authority, and ensure that the applied scorecards, credit underwriting standards and credit process for retail business comply with defined policies, procedures and processes.
Ensuring that performance targets such as approval turn around time, approval ratios and non-performing ratios are accomplished.
4. Credit tools and processes development
Develop, update or suggest proper credit requirements, evaluation tools, resources, and processes according to each market situation
5. System and procedure
Monitor IT system performance, and make system update or enhancement requirements according to business needs.
6. Business Rollout
Managing roll out of retail business to new markets
Support of Director Retail Credit in other tasks and projects
• Bachelor degree in finance or equivalent
• Excellent English, both written and spoken
• Managing experience in a Financial Services Company, Bank, Accounting Firm or other related finance industry or function for at least 3 years
• At least 5 years experience in credit, operation or risk related areas
3. Specific knowledge
- Technical Knowledge:
• Sound knowledge of PRC regulatory environment (China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) and People’s Bank of China (PBOC) regulation and rules)
• Sound knowledge of credit risk management tools (e.g. rating, scoring and portfolio management)
• Good understanding of difference within regional credit markets within PRC
• Good understanding of collection strategies and processes
• Sound knowledge about Microsoft Office applications
- Managerial knowledge:
• Excellent communication skills (e.g. negotiation of contract terms and conditions with external service providers and customers, communication with CBRC and PBOC on regulatory issues)
• Excellent problem management skills (e.g. negotiation and implementation of work out solutions for distressed customers, negotiation for procedural issues with local vehicles administration authorities)
• Excellent people management and organizational skills (e.g. development of employees to become encouraged top-performers in a multi-national environment, negotiate and implement efficient and superior processes and procedures with external service providers)
• Highest degree of accountability and credibility