Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Manager Engineering to join our “Rules 2.0” team, part of the “Collector, Readiness" org, in Chennai. You will be partnering with our senior business and product leadership in building the Claims Rule engine, maintenance, and support of Claims Rule engine.
The Team: Rules 2.0 Demeter team is focusing on building an Rules Claims processing engine & Tools using robust technologies like ODM, AWS, Postgres, ReactJS , Perl. We have formed a highly competitive work environment and provide opportunity to every team member to learn and show their skills and build a work class product with high availability, scalable and meet health care security compliance.
At Collect Readiness zone, we are focused on building and maintaining claim rules engine in most recent technologies and provide stable, scalable, secure and compliant solutions that cater to our customers like providers and to process and submit the claims effectively to payers and submit on time and minimize the claim denials.
- Maintain working knowledge of the product line in terms of usage, business value, road map, and user perspective for their area of assignment.
- Provide managerial oversight of delivery of multiple scrum teams within a product line
- Ensure team completes the tasks within service level agreements
- Able to interact with multiple teams to ensure and get the necessary support
- Eliminate barriers to productivity; determine strategies and tactics to help direct reports avoid distractions during sprints
- Ensures delivery of quality releases through management of direct reports; conduct code reviews as needed.
- Participate in meetings and able to communicate and report the status of work
- Share the team vision and strategy to foster an understanding of the overall direction and the "why" behind decisions.
- Sets and monitors performance goals & objectives, including providing feedback through performance appraisals and day-to-day discussions
- Participate in MTS interview process and review candidate selection for other teams as needed
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- 10—15 Years of total software development experience
- 5-7 years of leading teams in a technical environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Possess good communication and analytical skills
- Track record of developing employees both technically and professionally
- Ability to guide the effectively to meet the delivery commitments
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- Expose to working in Kanban board is added advantage
- Software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Experience in distributed systems and cloud-based architecture
- Familiarity with Univ/Linux, SQL, NOSQL, and various other technologies
- Exposure to object-oriented programing, relational database technologies, distributed computing tech.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role will be based in Chennai, India. Our Global Headquarters is located in Watertown, MA, just a few miles from Boston. We have two other India locations in Bengaluru and Pune.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
- athenahealth partners with hospitals and ambulatory customers to drive clinical and financial results. We offer medical record, revenue cycle, patient engagement, care coordination, and population health services. We combine insights from our network of more than 160,000 providers and approximately 117 million patients with deep industry knowledge and perform administrative work at scale. For more information, please visit www.athenahealth.com
athenahealth partners with hospitals and ambulatory customers to drive clinical and financial results. We offer medical record, revenue cycle, patient engagement, care coordination, and population health services. We combine insights from our network of more than 160,000 providers and approximately 117 million patients with deep industry knowledge and perform administrative work at scale. For more information, please visit www.athenahealth.com
United by our mission and driven by our entrepreneurial spirit, our work at athenahealth is collaborative, transformative, and above all, it’s meaningful. Our employees take pride in using technology and data-driven insights to inspire changes that will make the U.S. healthcare system better for everyone, including your friends, family and maybe even you.
Notice to Job Seekers/Job Candidates: Recruitment Fraud Alert
Please be aware of questionable job offers that are not affiliated with athenahealth.
athenahealth has been made aware of unauthorized career opportunities offered by individuals posing as representatives of larger U.S. companies, including athenahealth. The fictitious jobs are advertised on employment-search websites, such as Indeed.com and Craigslist.com, and prospective employees are required to share their personal and financial information (e.g. credit card, bank information), provide copies of their government-issued identification, and/or send money for application fees, processing charges or work permits.
The victims who are told they are "hired" are often instructed to deposit a check (which is later returned as fraudulent) into their own account and to forward overpayment to individuals - usually via wire transfer.
Important information for job seekers:
- athenahealth has a formal application process and we do not request you to interview on a Google Hangout or via text messaging.
- athenahealth will never request money for the opportunity to apply or work for athenahealth.
- athenathealth does not require completion of tax forms, bank account or credit card information as part of the recruiting process.