The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismicchallenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, hasnever been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but ourstrong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate newways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the peopleat EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented peoplefrom diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of thisTransformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make thingsbetter.
We are looking for a Senior Manager – DataArchitect within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Perth office.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analyticscapability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees workingacross multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies andsystems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyondstrategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environmentsand have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, datascientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
Your key responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement data collection, transformation, and data integration solution to create, coordinate and deploy data and analytics solutions
- Create and present the solution design through a solution design document and finally estimate for complexity, effort and costs
- Collaborate with solution design and business requirements teams to identify data requirements and influence project artefacts
- Advise on data management practices, approaches and frameworks
- Demonstrate technical expertise in modern AI, analytics, big data and associated technologies, cloud platforms, data quality, governance and architecture
- Provide technical guidance as SME and hands on delivery team member across multiple clients and engagements
- Lead technology consulting engagements, solution workshops and due diligence
- Contribute to thought leadership, and Demonstrate technical expertise in modern AI, analytics, big data and associated technologies, cloud platforms, data quality, governance and architecture
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture, Implementation and Development in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career
Skills and attributes for success
We’re looking for people with strong Data relatedSolutioning and Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career indata analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety ofdata driven decision making projects within a fast-paced consultingenvironment.
As an experienced Data Solution Architect, you willbring hands-on experience designing and delivering a data strategy, along with
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Solid experience as a Solution Architect on Enterprise Data Warehouse integration and reporting developing modern data platform solutions, data governance, architecture frameworks and processes
- Good documentation skills with the ability to produce client ready solution architecture, business understandable presentations and good communication skills to lead and run workshops
- On hands experience in Big Data technologies and Apache ecosystem technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, and have experience building end to end data pipelines using on-premise or cloud-based data platforms
- Certification in one of the Cloud Vendors (AWS, Microsoft, Google) is preferred
- Technical leadership and the ability to work with a wider group of architects, application teams and business teams to define and socialise architectural concepts and approaches
- Experience with processing large volumes of complex data. This role works closely with the data services team and regulatory reporting is a key customer of this team. This role will interact significantly with the data services team and architect
- Ability to define and develop data integration patterns and pipelines
- Ability to assess complexity of data (volume, structure, relationship etc.)
- Ability to design and develop information architecture / use available patterns, define objects and structures
- Ability to estimate complexity, effort and costs
- Strong problem solver, someone unhappy with the status quo
- Analytical mind set / someone that challenges assumptions
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
What working at EY offers
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects
We offer a competitiveremuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Inaddition, our comprehensive TotalRewards package can be tailored toyour individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a waythat’s right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
- personalised career development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster anenvironment where all differences are valued and respected, practices areequitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusiveleadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working andmentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build anexceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments toprovide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people withdisability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in orderto equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time ofapplication via email@example.com or phone +61 3 8650 7788.
We understand the importance of social distancingat this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will be managedvirtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EYpeople, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours tobuild.
The preferred applicant will be subject toemployment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Visit the EY Careers site to explore our culture, hear from our people and learn why an EY career is so valuable.