At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are looking for a Corporate Affairs Senior Manager, who will be responsible for developing and executing communications strategies that will help support the BMS site in Boudry, Neuchâtel, nearby sites and the overall value story of BMS in Switzerland.
He/she will be an experienced Corporate Affairs leader, with strong strategic, creative and executional ability covering both external media, government affairs capability and internal employee engagement.
This position plays a pivotal role in support of a significant BMS site within our organization, adding fundamentally to the success of our operations and internal culture. It is a fantastic opportunity for any experienced Corporate Affairs professional with strong local and national media, and industry relations to further develop & enhance their career in this exciting and international environment.
The Corporate Affairs Senior Manager will be based in Boudry. He/she will report to the Corporate Affairs Lead CHAT (based in Zug, Switzerland). He/she will work in close alignment with the Site Lead for Boudry and Site Leadership Team (SLT).
This position may require some occasional travel to our Steinhausen office in the canton of Zug where the line manager, CHAT Corporate Affairs Head is based.
Strategic direction :
- Under the leadership of the Boudry site lead and leadership team, develop the strategy and tactical plan for corporate affairs activity for Boudry, aligned to the site priorities and BMS plans for Switzerland. Develop the plan in the areas of – corporate reputation, site communications, government / local and national authority and stakeholder relations, local & national media and employee engagement
Internal communications and employee engagement :
- Develop a strategic employee engagement communications plan around the company mission, vision, values and site strategy to motivate and inspire all employees and build a sense of belonging to the new BMS
- Working with the ‘Executive Support and Internal Communications Manager’ oversee the following areas
- Establish a culture for Boudry as a significant site for all employees based at the site – create a community and sense of belonging
- Deliver values workshops with employees to help enable them to align to the new organization
- Drive awareness for site employees of important milestones around product approvals, launches etc so they feel aligned to the roll out of key assets, drive disease education activities for employs in alignment with this e.g. internal engagement around World Cancer Day etc
- Partner with HR and Strategy & Operations and functional leaders in execution of the employee engagement plan – in agreement with the site lead
- Develop an approach to measure employee engagement around company milestones/ initiatives and strategy linking in with MyVoice survey findings for site employees
- Support Worldwide initiatives on site e.g. annual patient / health week, Country to country cycling, reputational and values based initiatives
- Advise the ‘Executive Support and Internal Communications Manager’ on cadence for internal communications in support of the site lead and leadership team – town halls, messages etc to build their internal profile and leadership
- Supporting the Site Leadership Team (SLT) with ongoing government relations in the canton and on national level around key priorities to ensure favourable operating parameters for the Boudry site.
- Support and act on behalf of BMS in the industry association communication working group meetings and establish and maintain key relations
- Partner with the Governmental Affairs Lead Switzerland in co creation of the strategy to ensure alignment.
- Proactive local communications on the site its prominence in the community. Covering CSR and key activities / events, such as environmental award, Great Place to Work etc
- Partner with the commercial organisation Corporate Affairs Head on creating and rolling out the BMS ‘Switzerland’ story (to tell the complete Switzerland business picture) in media relations including potential thought pieces for the site leadership in local press / LinkedIn corporate channel
- Reactive media relations as needed
- Directly manage and prepare for issues impacting our reputation – e.g. any issue in the manufacturing process, supply issues etc
Education, Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree level educated – ideally BA communications & governmental affairs discipline, business
- 10+ years of related experience in positions of responsibility
- Pharmaceutical / biopharma / healthcare sector experience preferred
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management capability
- Strong digital channel capability
- Excellent ability to forge relationships and partner with colleagues across the departments
- Good understanding of the healthcare and political environment in Neuchâtel and Switzerland overall
- Discretion when handling sensitive matters
- Experience in working for large global organization (preferably in house), and strong ability to collaborate across the matrix with access, regulatory, medical and legal teams across the market
- Excellent ability to partner with business stakeholders, experience in working with senior executives
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Strong leadership skills as well as pose and composure
- Commitment to a highly-ethical organization – demonstrate the BMS values
- Proactivity & high level of personal accountability
- Be highly proficient in French and English (and preferably German)
Position based Boudry, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.