About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
To build, implement scalable, standardized cost effective Decision system platform using SM/ Power Curve Originations - PCO to support credit decision automation and real-time application decision.
- Ensure high quality on strategy deliverables are met within agreed timelines
- Support credit automation and implement strategies in-line with approved Country/Group lending policy
- Follow standard documentation required for development or enhancement of decision systems.
- Defining scope, objectives and use-case and business requirements relating to data quality and enrichment.
- Assist in creating and maintaining data related project schedules by tracking all phases of the project product/service lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions, and resolving issues
- Identify and share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an acceptable timeframe and/or escalated through process owners or risk committee
- Provide oversight across countries, business units, and support team to ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws (e.g. laws governing securities activities, company law) and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines]
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct in Retail Risk Operations to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees’ form part of the culture]
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, and applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group / Country Retail Credit Policy
- Internal IT partners supporting.
- Other Business areas such as Product and Operations
- Suppliers, vendors and consultants
- Experian Decision Analytics (Vendor for Credit Decision System)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business Strategy and Model: Good working knowledge of Standard Chartered’s Retail lending business and that of peers in the industry.
- Work closely with various technology/project teams to understand the business meaning of data, and provide analysis and requirements to ensure the data design is fully understood and the development initiatives are in-line with the intended design and standards for Decision System platform.
- Suggest automation in the areas of Credit and process that will enable in aligning to overall business and organizational strategies.
- Non-technical Skills: Strong written / oral communication and influencing skills. Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions & borders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and drive consensus
- Risk Management and Control: Ability to identify, assess, monitor control, and mitigate risks in projects implementation.
- Able to clearly call out and articulate areas of risk and concerns to senior management and support
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: In-depth knowledge in writing policy/procedure documents
- Technical Knowledge: Knowledge and hands on experience on SAS
- Experience in implementing global projects specifically on Credit automation.
- Sound technical knowledge in credit strategy implementation via decision system on PCO and NBSM G3 platform.
- Strong ability to mediate and remediate complex cross functional issues and agree on technical solutions.
- Experience with Experian Rule Engine Software tools: SM/ Strategy Design Studio or/and Power Curve.
- Strong SQL programming capability/proficiency.
- Knowledge of mainframe platforms like FDR or Vision Plus, Falcon, Triad, Eagle is added advantage.
- Knowledge of VBA and Unix is desired.
- Support the SDLC process (Software Development Life Cycle) of existing systems which includes design, installation, training, support and validation.
- Act as liaison with external suppliers to troubleshoot system outages and other incidents to ensure performance and stability.
- Create and maintain documentation related to data, systems, and applications. - Monitor strategies and identify performance issues proactively.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership and external vendors on projects, incident reporting, and software installations.
- Demonstrated project management experience with extreme attention to detail, report accuracy, data integrity, and team focus.
Others Requirements :
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Engineering/Science;
- 2+ years- experience working in strategy implementation and validation role.
- Ability to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide range of end users.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage project details while balancing multiple priorities.
- Knowledge and hands on experience on SAS
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.