Covance’s Global Specimen Solutions (GSS) business provides specialty services in the holistic specimen tracking space. GSS improves translational science in the drug discovery process through industry best practices and a uniquely powerful pipeline data management analytics solution. GSS reduces the time, cost and risk of specimen based research, while building robust, healthy data pipelines that optimize research opportunities.
B. People Responsibilities:
This includes hiring, coaching, scheduling/delegating work, conducting performance reviews and determining pay/promotions.
2 - 4 Direct Reports
C. Essential Job Duties:
- * Manage all aspects of cloud operation's environment to provide for 24x7 availability including hosting, disaster recovery, security, infrastructure and application performance monitoring / alerting, and support for cloud environments
- * Oversee IT Operations processes including: Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes for all Cloud Services to ensure issues are being handled timely and according to SLAs
- * Manage DevOps application support, maintenance, and deployment including product patches, migration, and release rollouts.
- * Manage internal groups providing teams / services to the Cloud Operations group.
- * This includes but not limited to: Service Desk, Database Admins and general Tech Ops Coordinate with development teams to create products that are cloud ready, resilient,
- and scalable Define and report Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to monitor process health; define and report client facing service metrics Contribute and continually enhance policies and procedures for cloud services Ensure SOC auditable security policies are implemented and maintained for cloud services.
- Monitor and, when necessary, act as primary liaison between assigned Sponsor(s) and Covance.
- Accountable for the overall review of the clinical data specifications to ensure feasibility, making appropriate recommendations and advice to the customer and Covance personnel, including assigned Account Executive(s).
- Ensure the seamless integration of the global clinical data management services.
- Manage day-to-day project-related activities with team members.
- Accountable for implementation, monitoring and reporting of performance metrics and for taking corrective action when appropriate.
- Partner with Quality Assurance, Medical Affairs, Protocol Services, IT management and Global Covance sites to ensure development and implementation of effective strategies for formulation of and adherence to customer clinical data management requirements.
- Participate in team tasks related to planning, budgeting and cross-project management team issues.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement, quality and productivity.
- Monitor, track, manage and ensure resolution of all complaints, issues and concerns for assigned customers.
- Ensure all customer expectations are documented and acted upon when appropriate.
- Assist in communicating, measuring, and documenting adherence to standards for performance as set by the Associate Director, Global Data Reconciliation & Resulting
- Assist in communicating, measuring, and documenting adherence to standards for performance as set by the Associate Director, Global Data Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Level of education preferred (if required or experience level which may be substituted for level of education).
- Four-year degree preferred especially information technology or scientific degree.
- Supervisory experience and /or proven strong leadership experience and teamwork capabilities
- Associate Degree or equivalent education
- Minimum 8 years experience supporting clinical trials data management via pharmaceutical, biotechnology or Contract Research Organization or BS/BA four-year degree with minimum 4 years experience in the clinical trials process and pharmaceutical industry including past supervisory and/or management experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.