We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, analytics and software focusThe Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
As a Senior Managing Consultant with an expertise in Advanced analytics and Software, you will be a trusted client business advisor, and lead client engagements across a range of industries and types of projects, such as consulting services, but primarily Test & Learn and data and analytics. You will lead engagement teams to best in class insights and project deliverables such as, for example:
o Conduct statistical analysis of large customer datasets to improve marketing, credit risk, and operational performance
o Build predictive models and credit scores
o Conduct customer segmentation analysis and build customer profiles
o Target and optimize marketing campaigns
o Train client teams in using Mastercard proprietary software Test&Learn
o Engage with senior client business leaders to demonstrate the value of our software services and the best practices in institutionalizing a testing mindset in the business
Leading the work of the project Delivery team, you will provide analytical and industry expertise, be a resource to others to identify creative and efficient analytical solutions, and guide the team to data-driven, business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value. Responsibilities within project management will include leveraging Mastercard analytical resources to deliver the best client outcomes, owning mid- to senior-level client relationships and proactively engaging in the client agenda, internal culture, and relationship risks.
You will also contribute as a thought leader to develop intellectual capital and work closely with internal product teams to develop innovative solutions for unmet client needs.
As a strong people manager, you will mentor and coach junior teammates outside of direct engagement teams, and engender effective contribution to Mastercard’s knowledge management and best practices. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
All About You
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills and leads team to effective and efficient technical capability usage regardless of context.
• Problem Solving: Leads teams to identify the most critical aspects of a problem, and guides team to business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value. Initiates changes to project direction where required, and able to decide and act without the total picture.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Client Management: Inspire client confidence through timely and reliable execution, and develop stakeholder management plans to align priorities and address support and resistance.
• Communication and Presence: Leads composition of complete deliverables and other written communication, and demonstrates an ability to communicate verbally in a wide range of complex scenarios and up to senior management levels.
• Teamwork: Motivates medium size teams or key workstreams on large engagements to produce superior quality deliverables while creating an open collaboration environment for all levels, with a will to win attitude.
• Commercial Orientation: Ability to identify strong opportunities to leverage Data & Services capabilities, including identification of cross-sell opportunities beyond direct project work, and partner with broader Data & Services teammates on contracting activities, leveraging knowledge of Data & Services capabilities and how they fit together to create relevant solutions for clients.
• Leadership: Instill a sense of urgency, ownership, and empowerment and thoughtful risk taking into leaders at all levels. Structures work so it aligns with team members’ goals and motivators.
• Integrity: Models Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity. Follows through on commitments and makes others do the same.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
Qualifications and skills:
• MS in Statistics or equivalent preferred
o Solid experience in developing analytical solutions for marketing in retail or banking industries preferred. Particularly relevant to this role is hands-on experience in marketing analytics, esp. campaign planning, design and measurement, supported by extensive use of test & learn approaches - a business analyst, not a developer
o Consulting and project management experience preferred
o Statistical programming skills preferred (SQL)
o Strong, hands-on data analysis skills
o Experience in workling with client teams to demonstrate the value and drive change to increase the usage of a solution
o Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
o Strong presentation verbal and written skills required (Mandarin and English)
o Independent, motivated self-starter - acts with a sense of urgency
o Meticulous and detail oriented
o Strong multi-tasking skills: must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects in a highly demanding global environment
o Trust-based senior client management and relationship building
o Good written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to package and present ideas with clarity to different levels in the organisation, incl. at C-level
o Self-starter with the ability to work unguided as necessary
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.