We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Advisors• Group Description:
MasterCard Advisors, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, information and risk management services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances MasterCard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes MasterCard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
Role Description and Major Responsibilities:
The Senior Managing Consultant (SMC) is responsible for delivering end-to-end projects or a big piece of a larger/ more complex project. The SMC manages internal team of consultants and/or third party vendors, managing the day-to-day relationship with clients and MasterCard internal stakeholders, controls quality of the deliverable, and develops & delivers presentations.
In particular, the candidate should be able to:
• Support project sales through designing and/or contributing to proposals
• Capture senior and mid-level clients’ implicit business needs in addition to articulated requests, and identify most critical aspects of the problem to be solved during the project
• Quickly identify shortcomings in projects and take remedial action
• Lead problem solving efforts and structure the project work plan
• Lead and manage the project team
• Coach and provide feedback to junior resources
• Lead the team in formulating, articulating, and prioritizing project activities
• Oversee the accuracy, quality and timeliness hypotheses-driven and fact-based analysis
• Develop conclusions and recommendations
• Create and deliver succinct, persuasive, and effective presentations to client executives
• Develop effective working relationships with client executives
• Contribute as a thought leader to the development of intellectual capital
• Actively participate in recruiting, training and developing others
Education and Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree required
• MBA or relevant post graduate degree required
Experience and skills:
• Work experience in a top rated management consulting firm
• Experience in managing projects and teams
• Payments industry experience desirable
• Ability to work on a team or independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Portuguese and English
• Verbal and written communication skills in Spanish (desirable)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.