The Operations team partners closely with ResMed’s five business leaders to understand their needs then providing a variety of products and services to help them meet those needs including Customer and Technical Services, Global Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, manufacturing, logistics and distribution. Focused on enabling new product introduction and operating excellence, our team strives to improve time to market for new products and services, improve efficiencies in our cross-functional processes, and improve our supply chain through digitization and automation to increase value add to our customers.
The Liquid Silicone Rubber Team is a multi-discipline engineering team. Our team invents, develops and delivers the vital elements of our high volume and highly automated manufacturing lines producing masks that address real problems for our patients and customers. Our ownership of these elements spans from the earliest concept stages, through to development & validation and into the hand of our patients.
Expression of Interest
Please note we plan to hire for this role in the near future. Any applications to this job posting are to express interest in possible future openings (there is not a current role open). Due to this being an expression of interest, there may be a delay in hearing back from our recruiting team.
Let’s talk about responsibilities:
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will introduce new products, equipment and processes into production and to provide daily production support in compliance with ResMed quality management system requirements. You will implement continuous improvement initiatives to achieve best in class operational measures of quality & efficiency. To do this, you will have the following opportunity to -
- Drive our capability development in the science of LSR moulding and support our NPI projects that are pushing the boundaries of what’s currently possible so that we can provide the best solutions to our patients.
- Develop and implement manufacturing processes, equipment, facilities and documents to meet current and future production volume and delivery, quality, OHS and cost requirements.
- Represent Manufacturing on new design project cross-functional team, actively provide constructive technical feedback and recommendations to ensure robust, manufacturable product.
- Engage external suppliers as appropriate.
- Understand project risk, develop contingencies, track milestones and deliver project outcomes on time.
- Ensure compliance with GMP and promote change to support ongoing compliance
- Introduce & maintain production procedures.
- Define and carry out process validation activities & documentation.
- Identify & implement lean improvement actions.
- Significantly improve, change or adapt existing engineering methods and processes in line with business/project requirements
- Provide technical training to other team members related to manufacturing operational systems and processes.
- Develop, motivate and mentor other manufacturing engineers.
Let’s talk about qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Process Engineering or any related Material Science field of study
- Extensive experience in Liquid Silicon Rubber (LSR) moulding
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment for high volume production along with process validation skills and the ability to operate at a system engineering level
- Experience in bringing new designs and processes into production
- Ability to influence and represent manufacturing within cross-functional teams (XFTs) during the product development cycle to ensure design for manufacture and clear communication across disciplines
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, including the ability to articulate technical requirements and deliver technical reports
- Experience within the Medical Device industry or a highly regulated environment is desirable
- Capability to prioritise workload and jobs to meet business needs
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across business, functions and regions
- To be successful in this position you will have a minimum of 5 years’ proven experience and success in a similar position.
Shape your future with us at careers.resmed.com
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!