Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Process Optimization
Location: Stryker Additive, Cork
This is an amazing opportunity to join a progressive Engineering team focused on Additive Process Optimization to facilitate future growth and world class performance.
Talents we are looking for:
• Data translators. Highly effective communicators who can transform data findings into recommendations to compose reports and executive level presentations.
• Meticulous documenters. Detail-oriented people who enjoy maintaining meticulous documentation of reports, metrics, proposals, and presentations.
• Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
• Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
• Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
• Plant Product Engineering Lead for critical engineering studies that impact operational performance.
• Develop sustainable Engineering initiatives to that facilitate operational KPI performance.
• Creation, Development and implementation of plant wide initiatives that reduce cost and improve KPI performance.
• Application of a prioritised approach in Lean Engineering toward achieving key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
• Works with Engineering & SLT leaders to deliver of Operational KPIs.
• Responsible for assisting in the development of a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in process improvement and problem solving manufacturing issues using Six-Sigma tools.
• Providing technical leadership on all product and process issues.
• Line performance monitoring, and the compilation and execution of structured event plans to remediate systemic issues that drive sub-optimal performance.
• Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, SOPs and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• Provision of technical leadership/guidance for the Process / maintenance Technicians and Manufacturing / Equipment Engineers on the team.
•Provide engineering support for new Product and new process introduction, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with Stryker New product Development Process.
• Process validation for products and processes; VP, IQ, OQ, PQ and associated documentation.
• Conduct Gauge R&R studies for products and new processes.
• Carry out structured problem solving.
• Responsibility for projects (value stream and cross functional) as assigned by the company, including the scoping, approval, budgeting, specification, execution, qualification and handover as appropriate.
• Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members and 3rd party Vendors, and always practicing good team work in support of the day to day operating requirements, and in pursuit of achieving the business targets
• Observing the Quality Management Systems requirements on site at all times
• Continuous monitoring and reporting of variables that feed into the business performance metrics, and pro-active identification and resolution of issues around any deficits in same.
• Adherence to, and enforcement of all Environment Health and Safety (EHS) requirements on site
• Elimination and/or management of material risks on the production floor in co-operation with Supplier Quality engineers
• Undertaking, where appropriate, a Subject Matter Expert’s role for Regulatory Audit purposes
• All other duties as assigned.
Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
Has 2-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
Capable of technical leading, influencing and providing technical direction to Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and operators as required.
Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
Demonstrable analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
A team player, with a flexible approach.
Technological pioneer, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances
Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
#Work From Home: OccasionalTravel Percentage: None