Our Northern NSW Region currently requires an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Newcastle. Ongoing success in delivery coupled with an expanding portfolio of mechanical and sustainable buildings projects has created this rare and exciting career opportunity.
As an integral member of our Buildings Group, this senior role will see you joining a team of passionate professionals, supporting a wide range of multidisciplinary projects ranging from specialised sporting centres, tertiary education expansions, large hospitality venues and aquatic centres, and other infrastructure projects such as large rail or travel terminal works.
The role will see you;
• Playing a senior role in delivering excellence in engineering design
• Leading, providing direction and support to projects from concept through to completion
• Developing trusted relationships and growing our client base
• Providing technical leadership and facilitate knowledge sharing, including mentoring junior team members
• Leading the work of team members to deliver creative solutions to meet the needs of our clients, utilising your technical knowledge to provide advisory support when required
Our ideal candidate will possess;
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in a mechanical discipline coupled with the ability to register as a Building Designer in NSW
• Significant experience in HVAC design/documentation and a sound understanding of current mechanical engineering technologies and standards
• Proven ability to build positive client relationships and win work as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Experience in leading multidiscipline projects in the delivery of quality, schedule and budget requirements through well-developed project management skills
• A proactive approach in technical service delivery and the management of client relationships
• Those with an understanding of BIM workflows and practices and Revit skills will be highly regarded, as will those with a working knowledge of IES and an understanding of sustainable design principles
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
Interested? Apply now.
Contact - Jordan Monier
E - email@example.com
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds , including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.