Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centred on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
At UL Identity Management & Security (IMS) we aim to make the cyber world more secure. We work with our customers to test, validate/verify, certify, and advise on their functional security and non-functional cybersecurity of their products, systems, and ecosystems. We make sure the security functions of products and systems work as they should, and we help customers test their connected technologies for hackability. Through our creation of cybersecurity frameworks and standards, we help our customers define and implement their security strategies.
As our global footprint continues to grow, we are looking for a .Net Software Engineer / Senior .Net Software Engineer to join our team in Leiden, The Netherlands. In this role you will support the developers and customers’ needs while ensuring compliance with corporate standards.
•Defining and refining project requirements by identifying project milestones, forming project teams, establishing project budgets, developing schedules, assigning, prioritizing and monitoring work, implementing productivity standards and resolving operations problems
•Foster team culture and actively share knowledge, collaborate within your team and help to facilitate communication.
•All developers within the department are expected to design, develop and maintain high quality, production ready code and constructively peer review the code of other developers.
•You will be participating fully in all agile ceremonies and working with your team to define, refine and query requirements and propose approach.
•Actively pursue opportunities to improve your knowledge and make use of the help available. This includes refining your understanding of the Agile process and developing an understanding of quality and what it means in a development environment as well as improving your day-to-day software development skills.
•Act as a mentor to software engineers, takes ownership of a product
• Solid experience in .NET development and .Net core
• Good knowledge of SQL Server
• Good understanding of the SOLID design principles
• Familiarity of the commonly used software design patterns
• Experience with frameworks, like Entity Framework, ASP.NET
• Strong knowledge of C#
• Experience with Test-Driven Development
• Experience in using development tools like: Visual Studio, Sql Server Management Studio, Postman, SOAP UI, Git etc
• Experience working in Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery
• Solid experience with unit testing and integration testing is a must-have.
• Knowledge of maintaining, developing, analyzing and implementing application code in a variety of context, like services, web application (WebAPI/RESTful services) and desktop applications
• Experienced in the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile/Scrum Methodologies
• A drive to deliver state-of-the-art products
• A drive to provide correct and definitive answers
• Ability to work well in an international environment
• Good communication skills and able to self-organize
• Proficiency in speaking and writing English and Dutch.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
• Azure cloud implementation
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Total Rewards: Excellent personal development and growth opportunities, flexible working hours and a competitive salary package, An international multi-cultural environment within a dynamic global tech company that makes a contribution to a safer world
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal. Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com