As a Senior Software Engineer you'll be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of projects to ensure quality and on-time delivery led by our Tech Leads
- Web solution development, specialising in PHP.
- Contributing to the company development standards.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to emerging technologies and keeping team members informed as appropriate. With a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market, positioning yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Discussing technical solutions with our client and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Following/leading the development approach.
- Planning and presenting work against visual milestones.
- Test-driven development (where practical).
- Pair programming (where practical).
- Proof of Concepts (where practical).
- Peer code reviews.
- Driving Quality Assurance.
- Dedicated to task on hand.
- Must have strong development skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members.
- The ability to articulate and communicate ideas and work requirements.
- A strong can-do attitude.
- Passionate about technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge & skills:
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in web development
- Minimum 2 years of experience with leading development on projects
- Excellent PHP programming skills
- Excellent Drupal skills
- Good understanding of PHP and MVC frameworks
- Knowledge of web application security considerations (preferred)
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
Our team is a fast-paced, high-energy team. Brimming with talent and exceptionally switched on team players. You will want to be challenged while problem-solving multiple tasks at once. It’s a lively team who work hard and have lots of fun. They have set high standards and expectations from clients, which they successfully deliver against. They take lots of pride in their delivery and client management, as such they are a very highly respected team both internally and externally.
You will be part of the Delivery team delivering against the agreements in place across one of our major clients.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the agreed SLA’s. You will also be responsible for defining, maintaining and enforcing the quality system for development stages of the work.
What can you expect from S itback
We are an ambitious, hardworking team who strive to deliver great work! We are passionate about technology and continuous innovation. We are proud of our multicultural backgrounds and through shared respect and transparency we have an AWESOME working environment. We are a supportive team where development and progression are encouraged. Working with us at S itback is a mix of passion, fun, and teamwork!
- Great working environment with supportive mentors and the opportunity to learn from experienced peers.
- A packed social calendar, BBQs, Active April, World Food Month, Serene September, Poker nights and much more.
- The opportunity to work with high profile clients.
- A flexible working environment where we encourage forward thinking and nurture ideas.
- We promote excellence at all levels in all roles and will work with you to ensure you are given every tool to succeed.
We are a Human-Centred Design and Development Agency based in The Rocks in Sydney . We provide Experience Design & UX Consultancy , custom Software Development and dedicated Support & Optimisation services to customer-focused organisations .