Position at MediaCom
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Senior Planner to join us.
In this role, you will be a partner with planning team and external media partners to drive integrated solution. Proposing and implementing new ideas and product offerings.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Planning Manager
3 best things about the job:
- Integration: Most media agencies separate their divisions very clearly, if you are in digital you would not be involved in the offline team planning process. Not here! MediaCom is all about integration, you will be learning about other media constantly, and be contributing to campaigns that cover every media channels.
- Comprehensive training system: You will receive direct coaching from agency’s senior members and training across all communication disciplines.
- Part of an overall marketing team: You will be fully involved in the marketing communication process through working closely with client’s media and marketing communications team.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Developed a good understanding of advertising as part of a campaign.
- Formed an understanding of the client’s marketing strategy across China.
- Understood how MediaCom’s internal processes are run in line with our media partners within GroupM.
- Independently run data to support basic routine reports (e.g. i-research, ad-power, CMMS, Infosys, minder and etc. internal tools) and assure the 100% accuracy and punctuality.
In six months:
- Understood MediaCom’s value proposition “The Content and Connection Agency” to the importance of the media planning approach.
- Learned the basics of communications planning.
- Independently respond to all day-to-day queries from client.
- Fully understand client’s needs, support supervisor on material delivery and assure 100% accuracy of the work.
- Ensure post buy 100% accuracy and delivery to client on time.
- Fully understand the data story, and can complete the basic reports (monthly competitor analysis, target audience analysis, media consumption behavior and etc. ).
In 12 months:
- Taken control of the day to day management of the communication activities.
- Assisted line Manager in annual review/planning proposal for the client assigned.
- Kept track on the latest industry innovation and product development trends.
- Support supervisor on spot plan follow up and ensure the delivery on time.
- Support supervisor on invoice follow up and ensure accuracy 100% and delivery on time.
- Independently input findings and conclusions in the basic reports (monthly competitor analysis, target audience analysis, media consumption behavior and etc. ).
Responsibilities of the role:
- Execution quality
- Time management
- Client Satisfaction
- Campaign creation, reporting and optimization.
- Proposing and implementing new ideas and product offerings.
- Client liaison and relationship development.
- Keeping a close ear to the ground on new opportunities to take to client.
- Helping advise the wider team on planning optimization.
What you will need:
- Solid related experience working in media planning area within an agency.
- Internship experience with established international brands preferred.
- Good understanding of all media channels.
- High level of understanding consumer researches
- Excellent communication skills and experience working across large media budgets.
- Business proficiency in English
More about MediaCom
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels. By focusing on the totality of our clients' communications, we deliver step-changing media effectiveness improvements, transforming our clients’ business through systems thinking. We employ 1800 people in 23 offices across 15 countries around Asia Pacific.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development.
We were named the best-performing media agency of 2017 (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). In terms of new billings alone, MediaCom topped the charts with over $1.6bn in new clients (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). We are named the Media Agency Network of the Year by Festival of Media Global Awards (2018/2017), AdWeek (2017), Campaign (2017) and M&M Global (2017).
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/mediacom
In a population of 66 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 137% with smart phone penetration at 61%. Digital spend has grown 18% year-on-year since 2016 and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media and marketing communication markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.