Microsoft Teams is on fire! With 75 million daily active users, Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing business application in Microsoft’s history. It is a collaborative communication product that brings together the complete power of Microsoft 365 to empower teams to achieve more. As the foundation for teamwork and intelligent communications, Teams is a highly extensible hub and conversational canvas for first, third-party and custom line-of-business app integrations. Our team’s mission is to drive productive apps, workflows and services built on top of the rich and robust Microsoft Teams platform capabilities.
The Microsoft Teams’ Platform Ecosystem group is responsible for working with strategic customers, startups, ecosystem partners and developers to realize our vision of a unified workspace for knowledge workers by surfacing diverse apps and workflows right inside the product’s scaffolding. Program Mangers on this team evangelize, envision end-user scenarios, support developers building app integrations - be it intelligent bots, beautiful web experiences or tightly integrated workflows etc. - and drive adoption of such apps on the Microsoft Teams Platform.
Our team is looking for a strong Product Management leader with people management experience to build and lead a distributed team of Product Managers focusing on our platform ecosystem.
In this role, you will own a broad charter that impacts developers, IT pros, business decision makers and end-users. The role will involve working closely with external partners and multi-disciplinary teams in the planning, development, and operations of innovative cloud services that integrate with the Microsoft Teams platform. You need to be able to drive successful collaboration across these various groups while maintaining a focus on partner and customer requirements and the mutual strategic direction.
• Lead and provide mentorship to a team of Product Managers
• Define partnership strategies for industry segments and customers in addition to determining the list of partners that would add value to users
• Plan and lead requirements, project, and relevant competitive reviews with team and executive leadership
• Drive execution and demonstrate end-to-end ownership of complex, cross-group and cross-discipline projects to successful completion
• Envision and spec key user scenarios for how an app or service would work and interact with Microsoft Teams
• Manage the partner relationship end to end from conception to launch, ensuring success for the partner at each stage of the funnel
• Work with strategic customers to drive adoption of partner apps
• Envision how the app integration will work and interact with partner’s/customer’s service
• Spec the integration, mapping key user scenarios and user experience of the app integration built on Microsoft Teams Platform
• Collaborate with design team to envision the app integration experience for the customers/partners during pitch and development
• Own the relationship with each customer and partner from initial presentation all the way to launch and adoption, managing all defined deliverables from conception to launch
• Determine adoption strategy per vertical of customers, determine which applications (3rd party and Line of Business) would add value to users when integrated with Microsoft Teams
• Identify platform, feature and extensibility asks from customers/partners and channel a prioritized list back to product engineering – thereby driving enrichment of the platform itself
• Provide feedback and influence platform and extensibility teams how to best evolve the platform for developers
• Work with the Microsoft’s field org to enable and accelerate deployment of apps in customer environments
• Ensuring success for the customer/partner at each stage of the funnel – both selectively and at scale
• Drive programmatic motions partnering with customer-facing teams across functions such as account management, marketing, sales, business development, developer evangelism etc.
• Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap
Benefits and Perks