Senior Process Engineer - Cleanroom (f/m/d)
In the network of science and industry, SAL offers research in the areas of Sensor Systems, RF Systems, Power Electronics, System Integration Technologies and Embedded Systems.
SAL – a great place to research.
Your future responsibilities
- Develop MEMS fabrication processes to meet project specifications & manufacturing process flows from project requirements.
- Evaluate and improve existing fabrication processes.
- Be involved at least in one of the following activities: 1) Thin-film development by PVD, PECVD and PEALD technologies; or) Plasma technologies for dry etching processes; 3) Lithography and nanoimprint technologies or 4) wafer level bonding and backend technologies for small scale R&D purpose.
- Solving microfabrication process issues related to material selection and process parameters.
- Designs and performs advanced experiments, data analyses, and improves the process..
- Collaborate as part of microsystem research team in ongoing projects by performing state-of-the-art investigations on materials and microfabrication technology for diverse MEMS applications.
- Performing data analysis using analytical calculations, modelling, and standard statistical methods.
- Generating innovative ideas to improve MEMS device performance.
- Working in advanced microfabrication ISO5 clean room facility.
- Scientific communication, reporting of research results and drive technical innovation and generate IP.
- Master or PhD degree in engineeing or related fields preferably with a focus on microfabrication technology for MEMS applications.
- Minimum 5 years of hands’ on experience in cleanroom environment.
- Strong experience working with cleanroom equipment involving characterization and measurement.
- Good knowledge about different kind of microsystems such as Piezo MEMS and Photnoic MEMS is a plus.
- Interested in application-oriented process development of innovative sensors concepts.
- Autonomous, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and multicultural team.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good experience in project management.
- Start of your employment: as soon as possible.
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of € 53.382.- based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) excluding bonus and depending on your experience and skills.
- Home Office possible.
- € 4.- /day food allowance in restaurants / € 2.- /day in supermarkets.
- Family- & Kids friendly.
- Free Coffee/Milk/Tee..
Become part of Silicon Austria Labs The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS).
Unfold the future, unfold yourself.