Requisition ID: 269554
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP’s Industry Cloud is looking for a Product Manager
Our products are in the realm of Consumer Products, Retail, Wholesale, and Life Sciences industries. Our focus is on both B2B and B2B2C. We are looking to significantly impact consumers, retailers, and manufacturers in these industries. We will solve the main pain points across the value chain in several dimensions in new, innovative ways. Everything we build is customer-driven, everything we validate comes from a product opportunity hypothesized to be viable.
Overall duties include, but are not limited to:
Ensure product definition:
· Actively follows and shares developments and trends regarding new SAP and complementary partner service and product offerings, industry trends, and other topic areas relevant to the respective domain.
· Ensure customer input into all product definitions.
· Develop key artifacts such as PR/FAQ, Business Model Canvas, End User Empathy Maps, Jobs-to-be-Done framework, To-Be Journey, Prototype, and PRD.
· Provides a holistic overview of the overall product backlog to ensure the Product team and related Scrum teams have a comprehensive understanding of the product backlog.
· Work with the Scrum teams to groom user stories into backlog items.
· Ensures rollout plan of functionality.
Ensure product delivery:
· Drives holistic product vision and product design and ensures all involved Scrum teams have a comprehensive understanding of it.
· Develops test cases and/or conducts expert testing and validates planned and implemented scope throughout the product lifecycle and ensures delivery of high-quality software.
· Accepts or rejects sprint results per epic, user story, and backlog item
· Creates product-related non-coded assets.
· Ensures the delivery of a product to implement the strategy.
· Collects & incorporates early feedback from customers and other relevant stakeholders.
· Ensures both the internal stakeholders & external ecosystem is aware of the developments by working closely with stakeholders and customer groups.
· Lives innovative thinking and product mindset.
· Minimum of 3 years of related experience in business software product management
· Proven track record of building a product (feature) vision and then leading the execution of the vision by detailing strategy, roadmap and scoping in a particular product/solution area
· Proven ability to support strategic deals and be viewed as a thought leader by customers
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including the ability to rapidly gather data,
About the Team
Now more than ever before businesses around the world need to accelerate the transformation of core processes in a flexible way. To support this, SAP’s Industry Cloud focuses on building new cloud products for customers in industries such as Consumer Products, Retail, Wholesale Distribution, Life Sciences, and Automotive.
Taking a start-up approach, industry cloud is an incubator for new cloud applications, bringing together product strategy and management will all the necessary cloud business functions such as architecture, engineering, and operations. Development in this unit will focus on cloud-native applications and has a strategic growth plan from now to 2025.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.