Senior Product Marketing Manager
Who are we?
SDL is the global leader and innovator in language and content management technology and services. We enable companies to create meaningful digital journeys and form important emotional connections with their global customers by powering the creation, translation and delivery of relevant, personalized content to make understanding possible. We are a dynamic, collaborative and globally diverse team, working together to completely transform how the world communicates and connects with one another through content. If you like making an impact, helping others, taking a fresh look at processes and tools, furthering an open an innovative culture and tend to generally look at even the smallest task in the context of how it impacts the overall organization – we should talk!
What is this role?
In this role, you'll support the product marketing strategy and delivery for the SDL Tridion software portfolio, which operates in a rapidly evolving market of content management, digital experience and AI.
As a senior product marketing manager, you'll be responsible for the development of compelling marketing plans and tactics that focus on increased product awareness and revenue. You will work closely with the product marketing team members, with sales and with our corporate and field marketing teams in support of executing the go-to-market plans. The SDL Tridion senior product marketing manager will develop an expert understanding of SDL Tridion buying audiences and will act as a subject matter expert (SME) who transfers knowledge about markets, buyers and product across marketing and sales functions.
He or she must work cross-functionally, unifying and motivating peers from different teams (e.g. product management, field marketing, communications, sales, alliances).
- Define the market opportunity for SDL Tridion; perform segmentation and targeting exercises that identify the segments with the highest propensity to buy
- Conduct market and customer research to gather data and insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process for the product, including key buyer roles
- Influence product development through well-defined market requirements
- Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience and produce the source messaging blueprint
- Create, socialize and coordinate execution of the marketing plan, sales enablement plan, and launch plan
- Collaborate with marketing peers and various stakeholders resources to produce relevant content for target buyers
- Develop competitive intelligence for use in positioning against similar offerings from other organizations
- Collaborate with our sales enablement team to produce a sales enablement plan and help enable
- Assist in product naming and pricing by providing market, competitive and customer context
- Manage launch planning and orchestrate execution of the commercial release of a product
- Provide market and buyer insights to drive the development of campaign strategies including demand creation and reputation building
- Serve as market-facing SME/thought leader for the product and interface with industry analysts as company representative
- Support the development of customer references, testimonials, press releases and case studies for external and internal use
- Drive product retention and upsell/cross-sell strategies by working closely with the customer success team, field marketing and inside sales
- Conduct win/loss analysis to determine the level of customer product adoption and provide feedback to the product team
- Monitor and report on the performance of products in the market and communicate the results of related sales and marketing efforts
- Product Marketing
- Product management
- Field marketing
- Industry marketing
- Global/integrated marketing, campaigns, demand generation and creative services teams
- Corporate communications
- Sales enablement, training
- Sales operations
- Sales representatives, Inside Sales and Sales Managers
- Marketing operations
Technologies Supporting the Role
- Sales force automation (SFDC)
- Collaboration tooling (SharePoint, TeamWork, Confluence, …)
- Microsoft Office suite
- Various other tools
- Marketing sourced opportunities (SQLs)
- Contribution to product pipeline
- Sales adoption of enablement materials
- Metrics supported (not owned):
- Customer retention rate
- Customer satisfaction
- Win/loss rates
- 75% of bonus is variable, based on MBOs.
- 25% of bonus is linked to corporate financial goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Content Management / Digital Experience
- Minimum of five years of B2B product marketing experience
- Experience in global, enterprise markets preferable
- Product management experience a plus
- A leading role that directly impacts the success of the SDL Tridion product line
- Grow the install base with a market leading product
- Working in an agile, growing team, where you help mature our operations even further
- Opportunity to learn more about complementary SDL solutions for Translation Management, Machine Translation and AI/ML, and identify new product / market combinations.
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to create value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships
- Ability to analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behaviour (conversion rates and velocity) to detect breakdowns in the marketing and sales process
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
- Critical thinking
- Project management
- Able to work across time zones in an international, geographically dispersed organization
- Strong business acumen
- Empathetic to buyers, customers, users and sales resources
- Flexible, able to adapt, yet confident and persistent when needed
- Creative and innovative
- Collaborative, able to work across functional teams
- Detail-oriented, well organized
- Multitasking, efficient with time management
- Target personas and buying processes, relevant industries/segments, overall market landscape
- Relevant market trends, including regulatory, legal and technology
- Content management technologies
- Sales methodologies, sales organizational structures and routes to market
- Infinite training, professional development and personal growth opportunities
- The rare opportunity to impact how organizations communicate globally. There’s a reason we work with 90 of the top 100 brands.
- Smart, engaged co-workers, a culture of innovation and opportunity.
- Great work life balance
To learn more about working at SDL go to http://www.sdl.com/about/career/
Software and Services for Human Understanding