*This role can be based in any of our EU locations*
Are you interested in shaping the future of Amazon Transportation and Operations? Do you want to create processes, operating models, and drive Amazon network improvements? Do you have a strong passion for continuous improvement and implementing methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean? All while positively impacting Amazon’s ATS shipping footprint and profitable expansion into EU?
EU Amazon Transportation Services’ ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) Benchmark team is expanding its organization to take on the toughest ATS problems and opportunity areas in cost, service and quality and it is seeking for a highly skilled and motivated Project Manager with eagerness to propel its growth and help drive middle-mile improvements across our network.
Help build capabilities that cut across delivery, sort center, fulfillment, linehaul, and air operations, with a direct financial impact. You will create and refine robust processes that fully leverage existing technologies while highlighting areas for future investments in Benchmarking activity. The successful Benchmarking Program Manager will have the extreme bias for action needed in a startup environment, leverage a deep understanding of operational barriers to implement mitigation strategies, and think long-term about how to scale processes. He or she will work effectively across multiple organizations, including field operators, support teams, and technology product managers. Communication, problem-solving, and dealing with ambiguity are musts. Location is negotiable and position will be based in UK, Germany, France, Italy, or Spain.
· Managing strategic programs that span across Amazon’s entire supply chain; predominantly focused on Benchmark activity.
· Spearheading new initiatives that enable growth, enhance our processes, and lower costs for our customers.
· Building strong partnership with operations field leaders to identify impact of new business initiatives and successfully integrate and deploy them onsite.
· Innovating to improve customer experience and remove costs from our network.
· Analyzing and solving operational barriers with a focus on understanding root causes.
· Managing backlog of programs and coordinating prioritization with internal and external project owners.
· Building new tools and metrics that help streamline daily operations.
· Working with technology teams and product managers to develop new tools and systems to support the growth of the business.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Passion for continuous improvement and developing mechanisms to reduce defects
· Willingness to challenge and influence senior leaders
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Ability to drive projects from initially ambiguous states
· Strong change management and implementation experience
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Demonstrated ability to write detailed project and business plans.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously