Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary With 209 million active accounts in more than 200 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal is one of the world’s fastest growing global ecommerce companies. PayPal has distinguished itself as the faster, safer safely send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using credit cards, bank accounts, money stored in their PayPal accounts, or promotional financing.
GCCI forms part of the Global Customer Operations Function within PayPal. The team incorporates a number of key functions whose connected purpose centers on Protecting Our Brand and Defending our Customers
- Internal Controls Management and Oversight for First Line Teams
- Operations support for Customer Escalations; and
- Complaints Management
As part of its remit, GCCI manages a number of cross-functional programmes and initiatives. One of the main bodies of work expected to span the next 12 – 18 months centeres on a transformation programme for Customer Authentication, with reference to both consumer and merchant. It spans product and process enhancements, the mitigation of fraud and social engineering losses as well as improvements in efficiency. The overarching goal is to deliver a seamless authentication experience for our customers that is consistent across channels. We are seeking an experienced leader who will oversee all key components associated with the successful delivery of the programme, as well as inform the programme roadmap with new ideas and external best practices. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build trust of our customers and sellers.
In addition to Programme Planning and Execution responsibilities, the successful candidate will support the Chief of Staff for GCCI on a day to day basis. The Chief of Staff is responsible for strategy, reporting and analytics across GCCI.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The GCCI Programme Leader will report to the Chief of Staff for GCCI. They will manage a portfolio of programmes and initiatives, initially centered on Authentication and incorporating Chief of Staff assignments. The role will require close collaborative working and the development of relationships with key stakeholders across GCCI, Operations, Product & Risk. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing, tracking and enabling leadership decision-making at the portfolio–level: tracking status, identifying and flagging risks, influencing the right work mix, setting prioritization practices, ensuring the work aligns with our strategic direction and facilitating resourcing discussions. We are looking for a leader who can simplify the complex, identify and drive action, and influence senior leaders to align their work toward strategic objectives.
Lead the Global Programme for Customer Authentication ;
- Partner with the wider team to track and measure work in flight, and to ensure proper feedback loops to inform progress against initiatives
- Support the various team to ensure alignment of work to strategic objectives
- Enable better and faster decision-making at the leadership level through improving and streamlining knowledge-sharing and effective use of data
- Manage and improve upon rhythms for providing leadership with visibility into progress and road blocks across work in-flight
- Leverage your knowledge and experience as well as an external network of resources in the global community to bring best-in-class insights, benchmarks and practices to enhance our plans
Execute on Other Project and Programmes, including Chief of Staff Assignments
- Being customer focused in all efforts, communicating effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluating alternative business solutions. Develops effective customer feedback loops and translates that into effective business requirements and implementation plans
- Builds credibility, establishes rapport, and maintains communication with stakeholders at multiple levels within a matrix based organization. Ability to build consensus, influence decision-making articulate and drive resolution to issues in a cross-functional way
- Leads outcomes that are tied to measurable improvements in business critical KPIs, taking an holistic view of business needs
- Rapidly and effectively adapts to highly dynamic and aggressive work environment, maintaining a positive approach during change, acting as an agent of change across Operations
- Maintains continuous alignment of projects and analysis to key business objectives and KPI’s, keeping the appropriate focus on the bigger picture
- Participates in other duties as assigned
Pre-Requisite Knowledge and Skills
The preferred candidate will have a successful track record of problem solving, a “can-do” attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise positively with all levels of management. They must in turn be comfortable with change in all its facets, and be able to lead others through change.
- 10+ years of experience across Project Management and / or Call Centre Operations and / or Risk and Fraud
- Have a proven understanding and experience of financial services industry products, regulations and operations and how they are impacted by Fraud and Social Engineering risks
- Extensive knowledge on the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques
- Passion and commitment to work on behalf of the customer – internal and external
- Exceptional critical thinking, and problem-solving skills; strong judgement with the ability to understand and work with complex systems and data
- Creative, being able to translate a concept and bring it to reality
- Strong analytical skills and unwavering attention to detail, with the ability to leverage analytical information to identify opportunities for PayPal business and operations teams
- Strong influence skills for driving change across a large global organisation
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives under pressure with a well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Deals with ambiguity
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with a proven track record compiling executive-level decks, and present information to various audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and resources
- PayPal culture carrier, a source of energy and inspiration!
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- BS/BA degree in related field required or equivalent professional work experience
- Six Sigma designation and/or Project Management certification an advantage.
- 10 + years professional work experience in a similar project, process or analytics profession
The role can be located in Omaha, NE, Dublin or Dundalk
- Excellent medical and dental benefits that start day one.
- Competitive salary.
- 401k match and employee stock purchase plan.
- Generous PTO and sick time policies
- Ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and support to help you realize your full career potential.
- Give back to local communities through our many fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
- PayPal’s sabbatical program provides four weeks of paid time off after every five years of service.
- Active social groups, onsite events, onsite gym, cafe, games and arcade rooms, relaxation zones and so much more!
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.