Senior Project Manager (2 years contract)
Overview of Position:
System Integration projects are comprised of Electrical, Instrument, Automation and Control, Telecom and E-House activities. The projects range in content and serve the Oil and Gas, Offshore and Marine markets in the Asia region.
The Snr Project Manager is responsible for the entire project delivery lifecycle from start up to aftermarket handover with full ownership of Scope, Schedule, Risk and P&L as well as mentoring and leading junior members of staff in project management.
- Accountable for project execution in accordance with contractual obligations, project budget, and schedules.
- Ability to deliver new technology and development projects that have increased levels of risk.
- Manage and lead projects to foster an integrated and motivated team in accordance with KM processes, procedures, ethics and values.
- Responsible for resourcing, planning, budgeting and achieving project objectives according to the project mandate.
- Responsible for HSE and Quality.
- Establish clear communication lines and develop customer relationships.
- Establish a continuous improvement culture by means of team building, identifying critical success factors and managing risk to achieve project goals.
- Responsible to ensure commercial awareness on all levels within the project and on-time delivery in all internal and external deliveries.
- Develop and maintain cost reduction and maximising profit mind-sets without compromise to quality or safety.
- Prepare internal and external periodic reporting to include stakeholder management.
- Confirm handover from Sales/Marketing per documented process and checklists; ensure proper project start-up and closeout, including handover of the project to GCS per documented process and checklists.
- Participate in tendering activities of prospects when required and manage tendering activity when required.
- Accountable for facilitating and managing a risk management plan including reporting as required to stakeholders regarding any significant increases or changes in project risks.
- Mentor Project Managers and evaluate performance for succession planning and personnel development
- Identify and conduct training as necessary for junior staff
- Conduct audits and reviews of ongoing projects along with QC department
- Ensure proper handover from Tender team and a proper start-up of the project; internal and external Kick off.
- Mobilize the project in compliance with the mobilization plan. Establish the project team and key resources in close cooperation with Sales, Products & Services, Technology, BD, Resource owners and Director Projects. Liaise with Product & Services, Operations Managers and Director Projects to ensure effective interfacing between projects / departments/ and utilisation of resources. This shall be planned and reported on frequent basis.
- Ensure internal and external Contract Review in the project teams including work packages. Invite Sales and Tender to contract reviews. Confirm understanding of and implement all requirements, specifications and clarifications of the Contract and supervise and follow-up all project related work.
- Ensure Lessons Learned from other projects are considered and/or implemented. Recommend and implement improvements and preventative measures based on experiences from other projects as needed.
- Identify (Stage Gate) delivery milestones for the project and ensure that the deliverables are met.
- Establish, update and implement project execution plan by ensuring that proper planning is performed in all disciplines and that the plans are communicated properly to all in project team and relevant stakeholders. Ensure all understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Establish, update and implement project plans and schedules, and monitor and report progress in accordance with contract requirements and KM processes.
- Implement and maintain cost and invoicing schedules and control and report project spending and invoicing in relation to the budget in accordance with KM’s Quality Management System.
- Establish a communication plan.
- Establish risk matrix.
- Direct and manage project team.
- Ensure that quality assurance and control is performed.
- Monitor and control project work and verify scope.
- Monitor and control risk
- Degree qualified in engineering discipline, preferably Electrical/Instrument.
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience in engineering environments, preferable the offshore industry
- Minimum 5-8 years’ recent experience in project management of EPC/ complex projects.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural team and handle multiple projects
- Knowledge of Electrical, Instrument, Telecom or Mechanical requirements for the Marine and offshore industry
- Proficient with Contacts and financial reporting
- Excellent understanding of Project Management processes and change management.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Self-starter and ability to make technical and business decisions
- Strong ability to develop relationships with clients
- Formal project management qualification is an added advantage
- Pay package will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview