Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Department: Professional Services
Reports to: Director - Professional Services
Location: DACH region
It is essential that you are able to speak German and you have experience within TMS (Transport Management Systems)
The Senior Project Manager manages Company Solutions’ software deployment projects from kick-off to the completion of the implementation of the project including delivering value / return on investment (ROI) to the customer. Leads project teams to deploy standard software, train customers and to develop and implement solution extensions (interfaces, business rules and other special requirements). Interfaces with all levels of management to champion project needs and provide detailed project reports.
- Works with customers and Business / Functional Consultants to define and document project scope.
- Develops constructs and manages project plans and bring projects to successful conclusion within budget and schedule constraints.
- Drives to deliver high quality implementations and drives high customer satisfaction.
- Defines project tasks and resource requirements.
- Assembles and coordinates project staff.
- Plans and drives initial kick-off meeting.
- Proactive identification and management of project issues.
- Provides direction and support to project team.
- Manage the risks of all aspects of projects, including the development of contingency plans.
- Closely monitors project scope for change control; work with customers to uncover new revenue opportunities.
- Carries responsibility for achievement of revenue, expense and margin targets for owned projects.
- Manages multiple resources and tasks across internal and external organizations.
- Provides monthly and quarterly revenue forecasts; meets monthly revenue, cost and margin goals.
- Provides management reports for budget, schedule, risks and issues.
- Champions project needs throughout company, escalates issues to appropriate Leadership.
- Provides detail billing information to support customer invoicing through Open Air.
- Serves as the primary customer interface throughout all phases of the deployment cycle from project kick-off until transition to Customer Support.
- Produces referenceable accounts based on quality delivery of services – on time and on budget.
- Develops and / or recommends process improvements and best practices.
- Manages the entire customer relationship.
- Manages invoicing through collections.
- Manage and grow a team of business- and technical consultants.
- Produces weekly status reports for the customer and management (internal and external).
- Works with Customers to resolve any invoicing or project issues.
- Serves as an Engagement Manager for key accounts, as needed.
- Submits accurate time sheets and expenses reports and ensures accurate time and expense reporting for team members.
- Assists the Program Management Office / Center of Excellence (COE) with activities designed to improve and streamline internal systems, procedures and implementations.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Promotes, builds, and maintains a sense of community.
- Maintains awareness of company’s products, discuss them with customers and lead follow-up product demonstrations and presentations if needed while on-site.
- Ability to work with international and multi-cultural team members.
- Identify additional sales opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Industry, specifically Transportation Management.
- Previous experience in Fleet Operations and / or Transportation Management preferred.
- Native German speaking and written skills.
- 5+ years of software project management experience.
- Capable of facilitating design sessions, conflict resolutions, brainstorming, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor and coach company team members.
- Excellent communication, client relationship and analytical skills.
- Well organized and consistently meets commitments.
- Flexible and promotes a teamwork environment.
- Extensive travel required (up to 25-50%).
- Ability to adapt to new software / systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and also as part of a large team.
- Good awareness of project financial management.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Project.
- PM Certification - PRINCE2, PM, ITIL or equivalent.
- Demonstrated skills with OpenAir
- Good English speaking and written skills.
- General office and/or home office responsibilities.
- Extensive keyboarding and looking at a computer monitor.