Reporting to the Project Management Lead, The Senior Project Manager works to deliver specific and approved initiatives in the best interests of the customer within the Solution Delivery Center. Senior Project Managers manage a variety of initiatives based on the needs of the business and experience level, and may encompass Small Change, BAU, and discretionary transformational projects/programs. These initiatives are usually medium to large size projects, yield large business benefits, and are frequently complex. The Senior Project Manager communicates effectively with senior levels of the organization, translating technical realities into simple terms.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Adherence to project methodology, Global Technology processes & standards.
- Manage complex projects to successful completion.
- Serve as a mentor and provide guidance to less experienced Project Managers.
- Initiate improvements to existing Project Management and Governance processes.
- Project definition, including scope, cost, time and quality estimates.
- Coordinating delivery estimates as required.
- Preparing and maintaining up-to-date project plans and budget forecasts throughout the project for all aspects of the delivery.
- Monitoring project progress and reporting project status to stakeholders.
- Planning and coordinating resources across providers.
- Risk, issue, and dependency management throughout project planning and execution.
- Manage and report on budget trends for projects
- Manage scope, including change controls for projects.
- Expectation management of project stakeholders.
- Work with Portfolio Manager and Service Managers to support demand and financial management.
- Interface with Development, Delivery Services, and other Program/Project Managers to ensure service requirements are clearly understood, milestones agreed-to, and that execution trends in a manner favorable to project success.
- Ensuring project lifecycles conform to agreed PLC and governance standards.
- Ensuring completeness of deliverables.
- Facilitate the deployment, business and technical readiness, acceptance of the solution/change and enabling the business benefit realization.
- Maintain project deliverables i.e. work & staffing plans, budget & audit artifacts.
- Manages vendor project engagements including participating in creation of SOW and ensuring proper invoice submission.
- Manages intra-project and cross-project deliverable dependency tracking.
- Develops project communication and team collaboration materials.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Performs tasks according to established procedures, using discretion to ensure objectives are met most effectively. Projects may be of a large size and high complexity.
- Provides innovative solutions to problems based on strong understanding of business objectives.
- Recommend having knowledge of business functions and processes, procedures and systems.
- Communicates effectively with project sponsor and owner.
- In-depth understanding of how project deliverables provide business value or contribute to overall Program goals.
- Detailed project planning, execution oriented, analytical, progress evaluation, risk management, issue resolution, collaboration, and effective written / verbal communication.
Technical Expertise / Certifications:
- PMP Certification (or equivalent) is required
- Project Management Tool, PPM Tool, Office Suite, Financial Tracking
Supervisory / Leadership:
- Provides clear guidance and support to team members.
- Exercises authority in making decisions affecting project scope, schedule, resources, and product quality.
AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.