TITLE:Senior Quality Engineer
BUSINESS:Mobile Consumer Electronics, Mics
LOCATION: Rapperswil, Switzerland
Founded in 1946, Knowles Corporation (NYSE: KN) is a market leader and global supplier of advanced micro-acoustic solutions and specialty components serving the mobile communications, consumer electronics, medical technology, military, aerospace and industrial markets. Headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, Knowles has more than 10,000 employees in 37 locations around the world.
As a Knowles team member, you are encouraged to challenge the status quo and see possibility in unexpected places. If you thrive in an agile, fast-paced and collaborative environment, you will fit right in. If you are driven by constantly redefining the gold standard of products and services that help customers, you will be a valuable member of Knowles. Let’s move ideas from concept to reality together.
Position will have responsibility for Quality Engineering activities to support ASIC design process, factory ramp into mass production, and continuous process improvement in manufacturing. This position supports the mobile consumer electronics industry (MCE-Mic). Under limited supervision, incumbent performs activities related to the design, manufacture, and reliability of the MEMS and ASIC contained in our Sisonic MEMS Microphones. Quality engineering work assignments are varied and require a results-driven approach. The candidate must be comfortable analyzing complex situations and then presenting results concisely, to all levels and manner of audiences. A strong engineering background is critical, and the ability to travel internationally is required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Successful candidate will possess Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering plus at least 5 years of experience in Quality Engineering with strong emphasis on product design cycle.
• Experience in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environment is preferred, ideally in a wafer fab.
• Excellent communications skills (oral and written) are required to effectively interact with suppliers and peers.
• Knowledge of Electronics and Electrical Components, Statistical Techniques, Design of Experiments, SPC and basic ISO9000 framework is required.
• Must be experienced in the use of Excel and Minitab (or equiv); Oracle experience a plus.
• Must possess excellent technical writing and project management skills with the ability to provide reports for direct customer consumption.
• International travel - approx. 25%.
Reports to:MCE Director of Quality