• To perform project tasks as delegated in adherence to the company’s procedures which have been developed in compliance with industry regulations.
• To manage and co-ordinate assigned procedures, protocols, reports and purchases relevant to the R&D tasks and deliverables.
• Lead the technical assessment of proposed design changes to approved commercial products, collaborating closely and effectively with the cross-functional team and critical suppliers.
• Provide design, development and technical input to the development projects.
• To ensure that other project team members are held accountable to their role and function within the team and to communicate the results and findings of relevant work.
• Co-ordination of resources assigned by the relevant manager(s) to complete designated tasks.
• Co-operate with the QA and Design Assurance Department in developing test, verification and validation (including design review) procedures.
• Management of the equipment, calibrations and preventative maintenance system for the company
Education & Training
• Degree level qualification in engineering or a strongly related field.
• 7 years’ relevant experience in an R&D environment in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry, ideally working with Class IIb and Class III medical devices