Our Client is looking to add an experienced R&D Engineer to their team to drive and support product development projects. This is a highly collaborative position working closely with all functions at all levels to plan, lead and manage the successful achievement of key project deliverables across the product development process. The successful candidate will report to the R&D Director.
- To perform project tasks as delegated by the relevant manager in adherence to the company’s procedures which have been developed in compliance with ISO13485, the Medical Device Directives/Regulations and FDA 21 CFR 820.
- To manage and co-ordinate assigned procedures, protocols, reports and purchases relevant to the R&D tasks and deliverables.
- To provide design, development and technical input to the Company’s development projects.
- To ensure that other project team members are aware of his role and function within that team and to communicate the results and findings of relevant work to the team in a clear and comprehensible manner.
- Co-ordination of resources assigned by the relevant manager(s) to complete designated tasks.
- To co-operate with the QA and Design Assurance Department in developing test, verification and validation (including design review) procedures.
- Management of the equipment, calibrations and preventative maintenance system for the company.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in an R&D environment in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry, ideally with Class IIb and Class III medical devices
- Degree level qualification in engineering or a strongly related field
- Proficient in SolidWorks /3D CAD
- Excellent Technical Report writing skills and ability to produce clear and accurate documentation at all project stages.
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills and ability to interact with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly.
- Highly organised and an ability to work on own initiative
Note: By applying for this position, you may also be considered by Pale Blue Dot Recruitment for other or future related vacancies.
Pale Blue Dot® Recruitment
The Resource for the MedTech Workforce